Why Klay Thompson didn't chose the Lakers: "Didn't want to play in a fishbowl environment"

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/l...hompsons-hesitancy-to-play-for-the-l-a-lakers

"Something about playing for the Lakers apparently felt too much like playing for the Warriors. As one source close to him put it, 'Would this be trading one fishbowl for another?'" Shelbourne continued. "All Thompson had talked about in the two weeks since he had decided and accepted that his time with the Warriors was over was wanting 'new experiences' and a 'fresh start.' Dallas seemed like a better place to get that."

"The team ultimately was willing to offer Thompson more years and more money than he accepted from Dallas. Sources said James was willing to take less, and the Lakers were trying to make trades that would've cleared four years and nearly $80 million for Thompson,"
Ramona Shelbourne reported for ESPN.

Took less money to not play with the Lakers circus :mjlol::wow:

Guarantee if he didn't play well on the Lakers, the narrative would be, "Wait a minute, this is who Lebron took a paycut for??!!! :damn:"
:comeon:So Klay was going to just sit & wait for the Lakers to pull a trade out their ass to even give him that 4/80 contract
Dude just wants a better chance to win :manny:
Lakers have been nothing but a circus. Klay not trying to deal with the Lebron show. Let Rui, Reaves & D'Lo be the scapegoats
Going from Steph who is quiet to Lebron who can be passive-aggressive NOPE

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well this is a team game, not a 2v2 game.. I know it’s hard for casuals to understand that.

However Lebron is BY FAR the best #2 in the NBA and it’s not close.

So if the Lakers put together a better team around both, then yeah they’d be contenders.
Man you’re shameful

A bunch of ifs. Stand on business :francis:

Daps
https://www.basketballnetwork.net/l...hompsons-hesitancy-to-play-for-the-l-a-lakers

"Something about playing for the Lakers apparently felt too much like playing for the Warriors. As one source close to him put it, 'Would this be trading one fishbowl for another?'" Shelbourne continued. "All Thompson had talked about in the two weeks since he had decided and accepted that his time with the Warriors was over was wanting 'new experiences' and a 'fresh start.' Dallas seemed like a better place to get that."

"The team ultimately was willing to offer Thompson more years and more money than he accepted from Dallas. Sources said James was willing to take less, and the Lakers were trying to make trades that would've cleared four years and nearly $80 million for Thompson,"
Ramona Shelbourne reported for ESPN.

Took less money to not play with the Lakers circus :mjlol::wow:

Guarantee if he didn't play well on the Lakers, the narrative would be, "Wait a minute, this is who Lebron took a paycut for??!!! :damn:"
Makes sense.

In Dallas, all the pressure is on the Cowboys. Mavericks just need to be competitive and good. Championships are a bonus but ain't no "rings or bust" mindset.

Dallas Stars probably have more pressure because they've been close for awhile.

Rangers got their 'ship, so no one is really sweating them.

For a big market NBA team, it's probably one of the lowest pressure situations. Dallas media isn't all in your face unless you're a Cowboy. He'll love it.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
p*ssy ass he knew his washed up antics was finna have fans wilding out at him
Now he gets to hide behind Luka’s fat ass

vino

Superstar
Daps
True, I mean before him they couldn’t stop all them stars from joining………. Oh wait

Yep, I had non-stop arguments with people telling me no one wanted to play for Kobe and the Lakers too. It’s always been the same story. Players don’t like the pressure of Laker organization win now mentality period.

Last edited:

34TheTruth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Well this is a team game, not a 2v2 game.. I know it’s hard for casuals to understand that.

However Lebron is BY FAR the best #2 in the NBA and it’s not close.

So if the Lakers put together a better team around both, then yeah they’d be contenders.

0576e59f-551d-473a-a237-e92aeaee6696_text.gif