Why is Stevie Wonder so underrated today?

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
When people talk about great black musicians they always talk about Prince,Marvin Gaye, and that over-rated nikka Micheal Jackson,but I rarely hear nikkas discuss Stevie :wtf:..which is funny because that dude >>> all of them

Dude discography is crazy:Talking Book,Innervisions,Songs in the key of life (:noah:).Only nikka more slept on than him in my opinion is Little Richard.

:noah: I can listen to this dude forever..

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
When people talk about great black musicians they always talk about Prince,Marvin Gaye, and that over-rated nikka Micheal Jackson,but I rarely hear nikkas discuss Stevie :wtf:..which is funny because that dude >>> all of them

Dude discography is crazy:Talking Book,Innervisions,Songs in the key of life (:noah:).Only nikka more slept on than him in my opinion is Little Richard.

As - Stevie Wonder - YouTube
Stevie Wonder - Love's In Need Of Love Today - YouTube
Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin') (with lyrics) - YouTube

:noah: I can listen to this dude forever..

no doubt stevie wonder is one of the GOAT.....but :comeon::shaq2: at him being better than Marvin Gaye....fukk outta here....:pacspit:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
underrated? man I'm 21 and during my first breakup had nothing but R Kelly and Stevie Wonder playing (amongst some others)

Even NFL commercials got that Superstition playing

Talking Book >>>

Daps
People nowadays (actually on this very site) hold people like R. Kelly in higher regard than most legends... so nothing surprises me..

MJ is not overrated at all though.

and Marvin was a gifted singer, competent musician.
Stevie was a good singer, gifted musician.

apples and oranges.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
Agree with TS, Stevie isn't celebrated like then others he listed. I mean for goodness sake someone up here said Marvin is a better musician than Stevie:what:, Marvin sang better slow songs and that's it. Now as far as being a musician, Stevie rules that hands down because the others mentioned all stole something from Stevie. I take nothing away from the others but this is Stevie we're talking about.

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
People nowadays (actually on this very site) hold people like R. Kelly in higher regard than most legends... so nothing surprises me..

MJ is not overrated at all though.

and Marvin was a gifted singer, competent musician.
Stevie was a good singer, gifted musician.

apples and oranges.

:ohhh: can't argue there...:leon:

carry on....

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
R&B, Soul, Funk music doesn't gravitate to the Y generation like previous ones.
As time pass, certain artist will too.
Those forms of music cannot compete with Hip-Hop today.