Why is Questlove so upset about Drake losing to Kendrick? Claims Hip Hip is truly dead.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

There is video evidence of him kissing on and making sexual comments to a 17 year old girl. And that's just one of a lot of stories floating around out there.

But look, do I think Drake is a pedophile? Nah not really. But I sure as shyt think the guy is a groomer and that should be looked into further. If a rap battle is what happened to bring it to light then so be it. So you can say its slander that Kendrick called him a pedophile and maybe it is but if you're at war with somebody who is talking wild disrespectful about you and your family heated ass shyt is gonna be said back. All bets are off when you go at a dude's family. :yeshrug:
/thread

Also, just to verify because, silly me I’ve forgotten:
What came first? Mentioning Whitney & DV allegations, or the p3do allegations?

I…I just want to know who “went low” first 👀👀 :coffee:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Man Questlove had said Drake won before Kendikk had even dropped a track. Now that shyt is going diffrent hip hop is dead FOH ya fat b*stard :russ:
I mean this with no disrespect, but nobody GAF what he thinks

I’m actually curious what Black Thought thinks, tho. THAT is an opinion I’d respect

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31961-1371579828-50.gif

:francis:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You think Kendrick wouldn't be seen the same way? Dude is literally stopped growing half way through high school.

As far as I saw it, this was a battle between the roots of hip hop and what executives are trying to turn it into. Drake became a tool of the industry and as people usually do, he let the fame and power trick him into thinking he's invincible and can disrespect whomever, however, and whenever with little to no repercussions.

People are relieved because they're witnessing something that has sadly become very rare: a person with real power facing some consequences for abusing it.
Thank you for articulating what many haven’t.

Drake is not hiphop at it’s essence. I’m not saying he isn’t “real” or talented, or that you have to be from the streets or whatever…

But this guy was a freaking teen actor on a show in Canada, raised by a Jewish mother/in a white community (because he was mainly with his mom, not dad) and now he’s supposed to be this tough nikka? NO.
No. No. No.

Didn’t they say Wayne told him to be himself and not change/posture? THIS IS WHY.

And THAT is why someone like J Cole is respected and understood. It’s about the talent and skill and not taking on some identity/persona because you’re in hiphop. THAT is where Drake messed up.

Drake is super talented but he is a chameleon. At the end of the day he just comes off manufactured to the people who actually see it for what it is.

“Wheelchair Jimmy” rocking a yamaka became the biggest name in (the US) hiphop. YES. That is “off” and it doesn’t make us racist, antisemitic, etc.
The labels saw a cash cow and Birdman/Wayne profited something lovely for bringing him into the culture.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
It's the same thing @Sad Bunny was saying. A lot of ppl have a problem with both Drake and Kendrick after this cause they feel it never should have went as low as it did.
wtf is this shyt lol muhfukkas really trying to protect they checks and dude image this is crazy. The instructions have been sent clearly.