Why is HL weaker than ktl???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I mean it really is.

I go other places online.. you don't even have to post, you just read the sh1t. Learn a few things.

There was also diversity of the posters on KTL.

NTM, most posters on HL are determined to make HL a one thought one consensus sub-forum.

If someone is conservative they are wrong in everything they say. Religious ... definitely wrong. Conspiracy people are disregarded. Pro anything or any issue that isn't popular, there is usually no good debate.. just smiley faces and BS. Even the issues I don't agree with, I hate to see someone just get disregarded.

Why is it that HL isn't like some people's facebook pages; where you can log in.. and bam! maddd people are talking about controversies, current news (that isn't just the news story of the day), ideas, and history. Posting good sh1t.

And what happened to all those random people from KTL that used to post?

I'm just curious; and I'm sure that this has probably already been discussed.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I dunno I started reading KTL around 2011 and at that time it was already pretty insular

that said you know, I wish more people would post in HL but a lot of time when people stray in here I hate to say this but they're straight stupid. But there are a lot of intelligent posters on the coli who stay in the booth or arcadium, even TLR but don't come in here for some reason

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Too many anti God/pro demonic posters. These people literally have nothing on their mind besides pushing agendas like what they have to say is going to have some ripple effect into influencing domestic policy. Like they're fighting the last stand for theories of atheism/evolution and gay rights. Its pathetic to watch. If it isnt against god/pro homosexuality/anti religion/pro evolution related threads, it wont do numbers so people, in their obsession to be acknowledged go the safe route and create the same threads over and over.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
ktl use to be first for all current events.. we were on top of shyt as soon as it dropped
hl kinda late dont kno why.. a hot topic can be posted and sit at 0-replies and 106-views.. its like cats wait until they can jump and diss a poster rather than truly "build"..
kinda lame but still better than most hip hop forums..

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I didn't even have a sohh log on for like 5 years before I ever posted there. and basically that sh1t was piff. me and one of my boys would be like.. "did u see that one sh1t... yeah, Imma have to look that up." Or "man I can't believe that one n1gga.. he's always on that Other sh1t... but I'm going to watch the documentary about it"

Now its like you say.. people wait for the right time to diss another poster.. then you go to TLR and some sh1t you were going to post on HL has 65 postings already.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
HL might take more time to flourish like the other forums on here. But you do bring up some good points, why not take part in that a little by putting up thoughtful topics or articles that'll entice discussion.

We got a lot of students on here obviously, so maybe a sub-forum for helping each other out like a "Study Hall" of sorts to bring in more traffic. Lord knows when I had to write a paper I'd check out the ahh version of KTL(forgot the name) for essay ideas or general tidbits of info to fluff up a paper. Food for thought brehs.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I want to figure out how to get the podcast stream working so the next podcast can be globally upped during its duration (if the admins are okay with that)... that can drive some people in here. I think the problem can be solved quickly by the streaming participant using regular headphones and a laptop mic instead of a USB headset.. let me investigate later today and see

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
HL might take more time to flourish like the other forums on here. But you do bring up some good points, why not take part in that a little by putting up thoughtful topics or articles that'll entice discussion.

We got a lot of students on here obviously, so maybe a sub-forum for helping each other out like a "Study Hall" of sorts to bring in more traffic. Lord knows when I had to write a paper I'd check out the ahh version of KTL(forgot the name) for essay ideas or general tidbits of info to fluff up a paper. Food for thought brehs.

The only one I could ever help with is the IT certs one that is stickied. Idky I don't post in that one more often. But I was in the booth the other day.. and basically great threads about a few music things. I wish HL was like that.

I am more of a reader tho. I used to get madd info from ktl. and allhiphop like 4-7 years ago. I only really post in certain time frames. In the IT industry you can get busier than any other industry and just by the nature of what you're doing you always want to find the new technology and new ways of doing things.. new money- so there may be months I may not post.

I just would appreciate it, if there was more diversity.
I recommend that some people recreate some of the history threads from ktl.

Young_and_Reckless

Is better than you...
Daps
Reppin
Syrup City, Texas
Give it a little time. It's only been a few months, and the building process is stalling a little bit, but I'm sure by this time next year, your view on where this forum is headed would have changed (for the better).

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

this is a good idea.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Too many trolls, aliases, and religious idiots. Not that all religious people here are idiots, but a majority. We have one of the worst moderator on this site in terms of policing. We have one dude pretending to be 4. No proper sourcing. Any criticism of Obama is quickly dismissed and pounced on.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Too many trolls, aliases, and religious idiots. Not that all religious people here are idiots, but a majority. We have one of the worst moderator on this site in terms of policing. We have one dude pretending to be 4. No proper sourcing. Any criticism of Obama is quickly dismissed and pounced on.

we also have the same clique from ktl that kinda makes people stay away. I'm not going to even post the description and mindset of those posters because it will get live in here.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The old KTLers had to get a job and take care of their fam, so they don't have time to post on forums anymore.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The old KTLers had to get a job and take care of their fam, so they don't have time to post on forums anymore.

I do remember that some of the posters on ktl really didn't have jobs, they used to spend time reading about spirituality and hallucinogenic chemicals and other random sh1t..
some used to be homeless.

I don't have a problem with any other that.. u can post at work though. If ur don't use a computer at work.. that only means you don't take work home. so you can drop a thread when u get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.