Why is Demon Souls just a remake but FF7 OMG A REMAKE?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
To be fair FF7 is a lot of peoples favorite RPG of all time and they've been asking for a remake for years...it's not mine but I get it.

Demon Soul's...no one asked for a remake. For the record its the only Souls game I've played not counting bloodborne.

I'd compare the interest in Demon Souls similar to the remake of Ratchet & Clank on the PS4.
Even ratchet and clank is more beloved and has higher demand than demon souls

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To be fair FF7 is a lot of peoples favorite RPG of all time and they've been asking for a remake for years...it's not mine but I get it.

Demon Soul's...no one asked for a remake. For the record its the only Souls game I've played not counting bloodborne.

I'd compare the interest in Demon Souls similar to the remake of Ratchet & Clank on the PS4.

Even ratchet and clank is more beloved and has higher demand than demon souls

I’ve seen people asking for a remake of demon souls for years. Not to the extent of ff7 but interest in demon souls is definitely high up and for a lot of people it’s their favorite souls game. The problem is it wasn’t that popular being the first in the series and locked to ps3 so a lot of people who fell in love with the series never played it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I’ve seen people asking for a remake of demon souls for years. Not to the extent of ff7 but interest in demon souls is definitely high up and for a lot of people it’s their favorite souls game. The problem is it wasn’t that popular being the first in the series and locked to ps3 so a lot of people who fell in love with the series never played it.
This whole gen Sony stans have asked for a bloodborne sequel. This statement shouldn’t be that foreign to you.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
FF7 is an iconic game with a much wider appeal far as gamers go.

Majority of folks who fukk with Soulsborne type shyt are hardcore gamers who aren't put off by the difficulty. Many gamers don't fukk with those games like that and stay begging for an easy mode.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
FF7 is an iconic game with a much wider appeal far as gamers go.

Majority of folks who fukk with Soulsborne type shyt are hardcore gamers who aren't put off by the difficulty. Many gamers don't fukk with those games like that and stay begging for an easy mode.

I convinced a bunch of my boys and cousins to cop sekiro. All of them gave up after they couldn't kill the first enemies you encounter.

:russ:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
to be fair a lot of us didn't have ps3's when dark souls blew up. Just because something flew under the radar doesn't mean a remake won't be popular. You think everyone that played ff7remake was around for it in 97? Most these people playing it are gen z

what about a jenova convention?
It never blew up, 1.7 million copies in 12yrs :stop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It never blew up, 1.7 million copies in 12yrs :stop:

And for all the hoopla over FF7 being the greatest rpg game of all time the remake just shipped over 5 million copies.

A niche (extremely difficult) game selling 1.7 out of japan is pretty good. Either way, they’re both remakes so I’m not really getting the argument.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
"yall going crazy over a remake of a ps3 game lol this can't be life!"

b49faa00b3a0031175a8e84f2e0f6d019096c998.gifv

"WHEN IS FF7 REMAKE part 2 COMING OUT!!!??? WE NEEED THAT!!"

455b290f3be456c286557bec22bf81208cec5cf1.gifv

I feel like somewhere a long the way the narrative got switched. :francis:
Facts. Sony stans nutting their pants over a 10 year old plus game you can play on an iPhone 7 right now.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
And for all the hoopla over FF7 being the greatest rpg game of all time the remake just shipped over 5 million copies.

A niche (extremely difficult) game selling 1.7 out of japan is pretty good. Either way, they’re both remakes so I’m not really getting the argument.
FF7R came out 6 months ago :stopitslime: and was based off a game that sold 2 million copies... in Japan.... in 3 days.

Demons souls didn't sell 1.7 out of Japan, that was worldwide. Japan was 150k for demons souls.

The argument is you have no reason to be ECSTATIC over a ps3 title nobody cared about. Now could you name a Sony exclusive that didn't get the hype treatment? Y'all are trying to justify the ps5 by acting like you care about a game you don't care about. It would be like me going TOO HUMAN REMAKE :gladbron: fukk ps5, I'm gonna EAT off TOO HUMAN REMAKE.

I'd look even more foolish than your already think I do, but this is a house of mirrors :francis:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FF7 was a game that came out on hardware that impeded its ambitions. FF7R comes at a time where the technology allows for the presentation and gameplay to evolve in a meaningful way.

Demons Souls remake is simply a graphical upgrade that doesn’t evolve the gameplay or presentation. Which is fine for fans of the game, but not really a similar situation to FF7R

I can agree with this as somebody who has never played one FF game and Souls might be my favorite style of game in the past couple gens. FF7 reaches farther and was a more ambitious/substantial remake from the looks of it, coming from 3gens back instead of 2, and I’m pretty sure changing up the play style some(?)

Still can’t wait for launch day :banderas: that JRPG/turn based shyt ain’t my bag even tho I plan on giving it a real shot this gen

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I legit don’t give a damn about Demon Souls :hhh:

I remember my boy bought the original and I played one time when I was in college... I made up my mind right then that I’m not playing difficult games for the sake of being difficult.

:camby: