Why is Demon Souls just a remake but FF7 OMG A REMAKE?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you may be right, but this is really the first time i'm hearing people shyt on a complete ground up remake of a game before and I can't think of a reason why.

Who are this people, link the post or tweets?

And ff7 and re2 remake are remakes that are completely redone.

Especially FF7

Demon souls looks like a serious facelift... But it's not looking anything like the remake of FF7 where everything has changed

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
FF7 was a game that came out on hardware that impeded its ambitions. FF7R comes at a time where the technology allows for the presentation and gameplay to evolve in a meaningful way.

Demons Souls remake is simply a graphical upgrade that doesn’t evolve the gameplay or presentation. Which is fine for fans of the game, but not really a similar situation to FF7R

graphics, resolution, no load times, fps, fully integrated dual sense, more weapons, armors, secrets, new bosses. Also, let's not pretend this is just a slight graphical upgrade, it's a completely overhaul from the ground up. The mechanics iwll be mostly similar to teh due the fact that people love the original games mechanics, so why would they change them?

024713i1eqyvvmdtpk59qq.png

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
graphics, resolution, no load times, fps, fully integrated dual sense, more weapons, armors, secrets, new bosses. Also, let's not pretend this is just a slight graphical upgrade, it's a completely overhaul from the ground up. The mechanics iwll be mostly similar to teh due the fact that people love the original games mechanics, so why would they change them?

1bf826_7771271.jpg
So closer to a remaster...

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So closer to a remaster...

no it's a remake, when a game is built from scratch to resemble the old one it's a re-MAKE. when a game is simply slapping on a fresh coat of textures thats a re-MASTER.

why is this so hard for y'all to understand all of a sudden? FF7 isn't even a remake it's an entirely new game with a new story.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no it's a remake, when a game is built from scratch to resemble the old one it's a re-MAKE. when a game is simply slapping on a fresh coat of textures thats a re-MASTER.

why is this so hard for y'all to understand all of a sudden? FF7 isn't even a remake it's an entirely new game with a new story.
:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

024713i1eqyvvmdtpk59qq.png
Again.

FF7R is in a different league as far as remasters go. This is mostly due to the gap in time between the original and the remake. Also FF7 is regarded as one of the best and most popular games ever and people have been begging for remake/remaster for years.

Demons souls is not that old or popular, and has had plenty of successors with the same/similar gameplay.

Not a very good comparison breh.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Because FF7 is a gagillion times better than Demon Souls...that’s why.
Let’s do the grown man thing and stop pretending OK...
Nobody was checking for Demon Souls.
No a sequel to Blood Borne...that might have been exciting. But Demon Souls...nah. Stahp it son.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Again.

FF7R is in a different league as far as remasters go. This is mostly due to the gap in time between the original and the remake. Also FF7 is regarded as one of the best and most popular games ever and people have been begging for remake/remaster for years.

Demons souls is not that old or popular, and has had plenty of successors with the same/similar gameplay.

Not a very good comparison breh.

Because FF7 is a gagillion times better than Demon Souls...that’s why.
Let’s do the grown man thing and stop pretending OK...
Nobody was checking for Demon Souls.
No a sequel to Blood Borne...that might have been exciting. But Demon Souls...nah. Stahp it son.

FF7 remake was mid tho :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I still say FF7 is the most overrated game OAT. shyt looked wack. I'd choose Demons Souls over it 10/10 times. :yeshrug:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
FF7 remake was mid tho :yeshrug:
...and so is this neg.

You may not have enjoyed the game, but the overwhelming opinion globally is that Final Fantasy carries way more weight than the Demon Souls / Dark Souls / Bloodborne series.

And again....You Sony stans are really pretending you wanted this when you know for a fact the game you wanted was a new Bloodborne. Y’all give Xbox stans hell for having nothing to play but old games...and here you are making a whole thread circle jerking around an old game with a new coat of paint.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game was certified flames...you’ll see for yourself when ever the hell it finally comes out on the Larry series Larry.
Been played the game. The focused parts were good, but there was too much filler and the ending was stupid.

Mad they broke it up into multiple games:martin:

overall a disappointment compared to my expectations.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
...and so is this neg.

You may not have enjoyed the game, but the overwhelming opinion globally is that Final Fantasy carries way more weight than the Demon Souls / Dark Souls / Bloodborne series.

And again....You Sony stans are really pretending you wanted this when you know for a fact the game you wanted was a new Bloodborne. Y’all give Xbox stans hell for having nothing to play but old games...and here you are making a whole thread circle jerking around an old game with a new coat of paint.

Speak for yourself i always wanted a demon souls port cause i didnt wanna buy a ps3, I’m not the only one. A lot of people wanted a demon souls remake.

I wasn’t a huge fan of bloodborne its way too depressing for me

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
To be fair FF7 is a lot of peoples favorite RPG of all time and they've been asking for a remake for years...it's not mine but I get it.

Demon Soul's...no one asked for a remake. For the record its the only Souls game I've played not counting bloodborne.

I'd compare the interest in Demon Souls similar to the remake of Ratchet & Clank on the PS4.