Why is damn near every black movie on Tubi about crime

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
IMDB: Writer/Director: Jeff Profitt :mjpls:

Take a look at this his filmography:

And this is just shyt he's directed.

ES2OSTZ2AFDRDJEXGCHNABPCI4.jpg

Movie-making ex-cop gets probation for bashing man’s face, assails the victim at sentencing

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tubi and Prime Video made me look at major film studio movies like the NBA. Even the worst Hollywood shyt is LIGHT YEARS better than the garbage Prime and Tubi pad their services with. The amount of legit horrible movies that people are getting paid to make is astonishing.

Able Archer 83

Two Minutes to Midnight
Daps
Reppin
Tubi and Prime Video made me look at major film studio movies like the NBA. Even the worst Hollywood shyt is LIGHT YEARS better than the garbage Prime and Tubi pad their services with. The amount of legit horrible movies that people are getting paid to make is astonishing.

I imagine a lot of it is straight scamming: people cashing in on tax incentives, raising funding for a move pitched as legitimate then making shyt and pocketing the difference, etc.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ex screenwriter exposes her experience in Hollywood.

Cliffs:

• it's a closed power system that controls all storytelling
  • they have agendas to push
  • writers are given documents by the biggest agents in the world (like the C.I.A), the lists tells them what to write about
  • the transgender topic is one of the biggest agendas right now
  • if you're looking to develop "urban" movies (code word for "Black movies") you are given themes to write about
  • they need to be dumbed down and about poverty
  • she wrote a script with two Black leads, her agent gave the script to J3w1$h producer R0b T3it3l cause he makes "urban" movies (also known for his race baiting agendas)
  • he said it was "too intelligent" for Black audiences
  • it's social engineering , they want to create a divide, she has been to those meetings
  • you have to be compromised in order to be successful, you don't get to the top unless you are
  • people at the top like Harvey Weinstein are the most scared
  • was told by her manager that she has to tell the bigwigs "I'm willing to do anything", it's a code word and they are waiting for her to say it

One of the few good threads from LSA
Screenwriter exposes Hollywood, told script was 'too intelligent' for Black audiences

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Tall think op and others will let his,voice be heard about the Black content offerings he wants to see to the contacts at Tubi and maybe social media?

Or just post only on thecoli about it?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Answer is a lot less complicated than this. Internet likes conspiracy theories, but it's supply and demand.
The streaming numbers for films of certain genres are what they are. Safe investment to apply the same formula, spend a small budget, and get a return.
It's that simple.

Didn't watch the vid, but have heard many writers express frustration with how the industry is structured.

Last edited: