why is a white rapper making songs these blacks should be making in hip hop?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
That dude Macklemore is making what most hip hop artist beside Kendrick should be making instead of killing,lean or that other BS

salute to him for this song even tho its called Kevin but every race goes threw this :salute:

"These blacks" huh? :heh:

You cacs stay exposing yourselves

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Cause the people who control the industry by controlling media(radio, tv, film, print) and distribution are being selective with what they allow out and who they allow it from, so they can phase black people out like they did with country and rock, and they're doing now with RnB (adele, sam smith, justin bieber, etc.). The behavior moves on a gradient, which means by the time it can't be doubted, it'll be too late. in the beginning stages cats play it off and demand in-your-face proof, as if a muthafukka runnin game is gonna be obvious with it

Quoted for truth

Daps
Call him Caclemore all you want but he's more "pro black" then your average black rapper. :manny:

Hip hop have been missing the "fight the power" spirit for awhile so I cant be mad at people like Mac, Kendrick and Cole for bringing it back.

Im in now way comparing Maclemore with acts like Public Enemy :whoa: All Im saying is mainstream Hop Hop needs to be more then party/drug/bytches singles.

Yes, the foundation of Hip Hop is black but the foundation of Hip Hop is also standing up against social injustice and talking about the ills of society.

Funny how the "new Em" is the complete opposite of Em.

The three highest selling rappers are Drake, J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar. Two of the three do not rap about any vices and have plenty of conscientious works. How is the mainstream only bytches/drugs/parties when the most consumed artists do not output that type of work? Of course, since a mediocre white man does it black people have to break their necks giving him praise while forgetting the black artists who illustrate the same example.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
That dude Macklemore is making what most hip hop artist beside Kendrick should be making instead of killing,lean or that other BS

salute to him for this song even tho its called Kevin but every race goes threw this :salute:

Most people rap what they know... I wonder if the next album will cover how he relapsed on the drugs

Jack Don the G

What am I? A farmer?
Daps
The three highest selling rappers are Drake, J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar. Two of the three do not rap about any vices and have plenty of conscientious works. How is the mainstream only bytches/drugs/parties when the most consumed artists do not output that type of work? Of course, since a mediocre white man does it black people have to break their necks giving him praise while forgetting the black artists who illustrate the same example.

Did you even read my post? How am I forgetting "the black artists"?

Hip hop have been missing the "fight the power" spirit for awhile so I cant be mad at people like Mac, Kendrick and Cole for bringing it back.

And please dont tell me that Kendrick and Cole get the type of radio spins that "party" music gets. Just because they have loyal fan bases that buy their records doesn't mean "conscious" music in main stream hip hop is anyway near the levels of the golden eras. I believe in a balance that's why I said I like that Mac, Kendrick and Cole is bringing it back.

But people are shytting on all of them. Kendrick is a c00n, Cole is boring and Mac is a cac.

If you pick your head up out of the sand and get that Black/white tinted agenda out of your head and re read my post you will see Im not "breaking my neck" to defend a "white rapper" I'm defending conscious rap. Just because I'm posting in a thread that got a provocative title doesn't have to mean I agree with it. Right?

I think I made it very clear in my post that I am not giving Macklemore props while trying to shyt on any black rappers. All I did was point out to all "militants" that Macklemore is doing a good thing for society (that includes all individuals of it, including black people) and that doesnt deserve the responses of the first page. I objected to people coming in and writing fukk CaClemore when clearly they havnt even listened to the song in OP's post. Its that kind of prejudiced that we hate in racists.

Its like marching in a #blacklifesmatter protest and then see a white person with a bigger sign then yours beside you, So you start screaming "fukk you, white devil". It makes no sense.

Im not trying to praise Macklemore as some sort of savior, all Im saying is that I think its good that someone that gotten the status to get regular radio spins is putting light on the ills of society.

Regardless how that status came to be. He's white and is music can be all kinds of mediocre, I dont care.

If the case was that a black rapper came out before him with Ryan Lewis sounding beats and had the skill level and the same message of Macklemore but no one acknowledged, then I would be mad.

But thats not the case, Macklemore earned a place in to days music landscape. If he deserves the popularity he got is another case tho, but Im not arguing that.

Peace.