Why I don't tip at restaurants

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
So I made plans to take this chick who I was trying to smash out to dinner. Right before she kinda let me know I was friend zoned and would never hit.
I re-routed to Applebee's immediately for a 2 for $20 deal. And now we were going Dutch. She was cool though.

After we got both the checks, she asked me if I could break a ten.

Me: "For what?" :why:

Her: "For the tip I only have a ten dollar bill."

Me: "No I didn't bring cash, I don't tip." :childplease:

Her: "What? Why not? That's rude! They work to hard for what they get paid!"

Me (In my head): "Bytch if I had a chance to fukk you, I would care about what you thought and tip!"

Me: "I'm sorry." :shaq2:

So we get into a discussion in the car home about tipping and she is going on about how she used to be a waitress and how it was super difficult:russell:. But I have legit reasons why I don't tip.

Most people don't know that even though they make like $3/hr, restaurants are required by law to make up the difference of minimum wage if a waiter/waitress doesn't get it with tips.

2nd, why the fukk do I have to pay you for just taking my order and bringing it out to me? Isn't that your job? Yeah it's hard, but it doesn't require any skill or experience. They hire ANYBODY.

If you are a waitress complaining about your job then fukking quit. It's not my problem that you work at fukking Chili's making shiitt money. If you can't find another job that's your fault. I'm not paying extra because you don't have any other skills.

And people talk about "You should tip for the good service you got..." :dahell:
Man nobody tips based on actual service.
Think about it like this:

Let's say you have a waitress that is just busting her azz, she is taking your order fast, brought out the right food, always making sure your cup is never on E etc... but she is a complete assshole. She rolls her eyes when you ask her a question. Smacks her lips and just talks to you like you're a piece of shytt and even asks for a tip.
You're going to say, "HELL NAW!" and either not tip or giver her like $2.

Now let's say you have another waitress that's fumbling your order, keeps bringing out the wrong food, not checking up on you and just doing a bad job, but she is the sweetest person in the world and is really nice to you. That's when people start making excuses like,
"Oh it's probably her first week....she must be overwhelmed..." :mjpls: and tip her pretty good.

Service has nothing to do with it. It's a system that tells people that if they don't tip, that means that they are bad people. And people want to feel good about it. Not me.
I cringe when I hear people at tables doing the math on some,
"Wait isn't it 15%?" BS :snoop:.

Tipping for me should be an investment. I only tip two people, My barber & my mechanic. Even if there's 5 nikkas in front of me, my barber always acts like I made an appointment :shaq:
and my mechanic (small local shop) always under charges me for parts and has my car in & out.

I don't understand how people tip a person to bring them out food, but them dudes that have to lug their 300lb Kenmore washer/dryer up 3 flights of stairs get a pat on the back and maybe a bottle of water if it's hot enough outside.
Fukk outta here with all that.

Shout out to Mr. Pink

Cake

Banned
Daps
The way the waitress treats you is also part of the service.

I tip people who deserve it. Their job is usually a lot more stressful then they let on. My ex is a waitress and she busts her ass.

Also when you don't tip people remember you and treat you accordingly. I always get great service at the places I frequent just by giving them 15%. Not even 20.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have a good point but I think its easier to gauge good and bad service after working in the industry for long.

Word to my grandma.

Now I think asking for tips in american society is common in the food industry. They do it shamelessly

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also you gotta keep in mind the history of waitresses they used to be in high heels really busting their behinds. It was a different world bitd. Idk where do we distinguish this line of rewardable servitude and servitude.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
The way the waitress treats you is also part of the service.

I tip people who deserve it. Their job is usually a lot more stressful then they let on. My ex is a waitress and she busts her ass.

Also when you don't tip people remember you and treat you accordingly. I always get great service at the places I frequent just by giving them 15%. Not even 20.
Doubt that. They work too many hours and serve too many tables to remember you. And that's hoping you get the same waiter which is unlikely. And if me tipping is what will make somebody actually do their job, then to me it makes them a loser that deserves to work there. Again that goes back to it being expected like it's their right.

Cake

Banned
Daps
Doubt that. They work too many hours and serve too many tables to remember you. And that's hoping you get the same waiter which is unlikely. And if me tipping is what will make somebody actually do their job, then to me it makes them a loser that deserves to work there. Again that goes back to it being expected like it's their right.
they remember you. And they talk to their coworkers about you. I work at McDonald's where literally hundreds of people come through a day. I remember the ones who come through more than once. I remember the ones who are rude. So someone whose serving food to you at a table is going to remember you for sure.

Tipping doesn't make them "actually do their job" idk what type of service you expect, but for the most part people in the food service industry are going above and beyond to make sure that you're happy. Especially cuz it's usually the kitchen fukking up orders and the server fighting to get shyt right so they don't get cussed out. Refuse to tip and they're gonna put that energy towards the people who do tip. Makes perfect sense to me.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES

THEY REMEMBER GOOD TIPS. SOMETIMES FOR YEARS.