Why haven't we got a new Superman game brehs. Honestly.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
that fatherless fakkit
:laff:first time someone ever called batman a fatherless fakkit.

Superman 64 proved you wrong breh... :mjlol:
never played the game but I already know that's cap.

How do you limit the player when they're playing as someone without limits? There's no way to logically have any part of your game world's map inaccessible to a person who isn't limited by gravity and has no strength limits. Superman was born with his powers(or at least the ability to have those powers underneath a yellow sun), trying to limit them or making the player work to unlock any of them will alienate fans of the lore. Just like conveniently having kryptonite blocking places you don't want the player to go to yet. I love Superman, but it would take a lot of creativity to make a compelling game with him as the main character
It would actually be easier than you think, it just depends on what type of game developers want to make. Do they want to make an open world superhero game like many others, or something smaller. Do you want to start the game as superman? or as a baby Clark kent and follow him as he grows and learns his powers.

Said game will have combat because superman fights, duh, but supes has such a large enough rogue gallery that they can put him against enough enemies that can beat him him or give him a good fight. Having a good combat system would also matter, but since this hypothetical game would most likely be western made, that's probably never gonna happen.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
It can work but not on Earth, he would have to be on another planet as a prisoner where he would be far away from the Sun or do a young Superman who isn't in his prime where he can get knocked out. But like someone else said, a Telltale style game would be dope because you would to choose, save the children in a burning building across town or save the plane falling out the sky.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
It shouldn't be too hard, but tricky. You'll have to throw in stuff in the game that can limit Superman from using his full powers constantly all the time (like saving people from random accidents within a certain time limit while fighting some villains, etc). Thing is you gotta be mad creative, but a lot of devs are too lazy or figure why spend all this time on something risky like a Superman game when I can just dish out another Batman game or something else that's safer. Dudes don't wanna make another Supermna 64 :heh:. We're better off giving a smaller developer the license and have them do it.

I put together some ideas for both a Superman and a Flash game years ago (when I was deep into the Arkham games). Gotta see if I can find em.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
Trying to figure out what he does in-between the boss fights is the difficult part.
you can do missions where he has to save people from thugs, falling buildings, failing planet or ship, put a timer or more creative means.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
How do you limit the player when they're playing as someone without limits? There's no way to logically have any part of your game world's map inaccessible to a person who isn't limited by gravity and has no strength limits. Superman was born with his powers(or at least the ability to have those powers underneath a yellow sun), trying to limit them or making the player work to unlock any of them will alienate fans of the lore. Just like conveniently having kryptonite blocking places you don't want the player to go to yet. I love Superman, but it would take a lot of creativity to make a compelling game with him as the main character
so make it a decades long... start off as a kid with little powers but can't fully use... go into teen age, you can jump long and do more, but still confined to smallville... then open up the map towards the middle/end when you're in NYC... NYC is a huge map if they'd ever use all the boroughs to scale... have some sort of alien invasion of villians that can hurt/kill him... and call it a fukking day

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
Yall nikkas sleep! Yall forgot about what the spiderman 2 game did? Blew spiderman games the fukk up!

Goku does just about the same shyt as sups (xcept the weekness thing)

And everybody and they mama would play a solo goku game.. .

Damn they need to do a superman dragonball cross over lol

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
I agree it's a hard game to make because he's such a powerful character.

I think you'd have to depower him with Kryptonite (kind of like they did in Batman v Superman) right at the beginning of the game. As the story progresses, he regains his strength and abilities back. By the final boss, he's fully powered and ready to throw down against Brainiac, Darkseid, Cyborg Superman, Doomsday or whoever. :yeshrug: