Why has the SG position fell off so hard ?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Outside of Kobe, Ray Ray and Wade today's shooting guard makes no impact with actual shooting. The 90's you couldn't have been a legit contender if you didn't have a shooting guard that could actually shoot. I think John Starks was never a top ten SG during his playing days but I think he was very capable and worthy to start a team but he was never going to be a star a key player at best, today John Starks would arguably be the best or 2nd best SG in the league, because his shooting trumps what todays guards can do.

i swear i was gonna make a thread on this subject. i was watching Novak and i was like the boy cant do nothing but shoot. if these slashing ass nikkas would lock themselves in the gym and work on shooting like a Novak or Korver they'd be unstoppable. all these young SG can do is slash (yes even you DWade :birdman: ) if i was a coach I wouldn't let my players drive in practice. them nigguhs would have to learn to use screens and shoot Js

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Seems like there are a lotta tweeners. It's like nowadays instead of the traditional 5 positions you have 6: pg, combo guard, wing, combo forward, finesse big, & traditional post. Maybe my memory is messed up but I don't remember so many lineups with two pgs or two guys that "traditionally" play sf.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Basically, there aren't many shooting guards who can actually SHOOT right now. All of these cats named above shoot in the low 40%. In the 80's and 90's, SG's were at least hitting 46-50+% with regularity. We need good shooters back.

Muzion

All Star
Daps
I see no one mentioned Derozan, but yeah the SG position ain't what it used to be. It's gonna get ugly in 5 years or so.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Basically, there aren't many shooting guards who can actually SHOOT right now. All of these cats named above shoot in the low 40%. In the 80's and 90's, SG's were at least hitting 46-50+% with regularity. We need good shooters back.

Defenses are better today.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't wanna watch nikkas comin off screens all night shooting j's...break a nikka down and drive to the hoop...the only reason shooting percentage is down is bcuz impossible shots no longer seem impossible:mjpls::childplease: