Why Gamers should wait until 2018 to by a new 4k tv

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
There is ALWAYS something coming though.

A tv loses its value quickly. There's always something better. And yeah yeah its "significant" and " game changin" it always is they say

There's no point in waiting for something better because there is always something better.

Unless you really got it like that there's no point in stressing about waiting because no matter how much you spend there's going to be some guy who dropped 50 grand on his that looks better.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
I was sticking with my 1080p Bravia I got in 2009 until 2019

3D/CURVED/4K/HDR don't impress me at all

Black Friday 2018 might get me to upgrade early tho....HDMI 2.1 is an upgrade I actually care about along with OLED

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There is ALWAYS something coming though.

A tv loses its value quickly. There's always something better. And yeah yeah its "significant" and " game changin" it always is they say

There's no point in waiting for something better because there is always something better.

Unless you really got it like that there's no point in stressing about waiting because no matter how much you spend there's going to be some guy who dropped 50 grand on his that looks better.
Except this something better is literally a few months from now. If you're a gamer this is a must have feature. Screen tearing sucks and this eliminates it. When they announced the Xbox One X was gonna work with this I instantly knew I'm not gonna buy a TV without this because why would I spend $1500 on a 4K OLED right now and in less than a year OLED TVs will probably be $1400 and have this better tech? Buying a TV right now without HDMI 2.1 especially if you got an X is a waste.

There's a huge difference in targeting an upcoming feature that's months away on tech that you want and waiting indeterminately for something better.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
One of the biggest selling point for me on the LG OLED I got was the input delay is crazy low for a OLED the lowest I've found on any 4k/HDR tv

In Game mode its 21ms which is really good for anything out side of fighters and even then its faaaaaaar from unplayable. I actually feel like its lower than that but I have no way to test it myself.
"Crazy low for an OLED" LG is the only OLED panel manufacturer for TV size screens

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Crazy low for an OLED" LG is the only OLED panel manufacturer for TV size screens
Right, however the sony Bravia that I was going to get was 33ms.

It’s probably more the firmware than anything. But it’s lowest input delay you are going to get right now on a oled. And the quality of the tv is great also

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Right, however the sony Bravia that I was going to get was 33ms.

It’s probably more the firmware than anything. But it’s lowest input delay you are going to get right now on a oled. And the quality of the tv is great also
That's interesting..I guess their video processor needs some improvement.
Will likely happen in some update if the issue isn't hardware based.

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
them companies are playing with us.
after 8k, it will be 12k. then it will be 16k. then it will be 20k. but none of this matter because most of these dudes would be playing video game consoles on them in 1080 p
The human eye can't see beyond 16K

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
It's just video codecs and container formats.
It's just video and audio thrown together in HD.

For those who are new to the game, don't hop on the 4k but 2k which is 1440p.

1440p is enough.
:bryan:
One of the biggest selling point for me on the LG OLED I got was the input delay is crazy low for a OLED the lowest I've found on any 4k/HDR tv

In Game mode its 21ms which is really good for anything out side of fighters and even then its faaaaaaar from unplayable. I actually feel like its lower than that but I have no way to test it myself.
The quantum dot joint has 18ms

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
HDMI 2.1 sound pretty damn significant for gaming on TVs, but how significant is it for monitors?

Haven't gamed on a TV in years cuz the input lag is trash. Monitor's input lag is already unbelievably low. In this case, what would HDMI 2.1 bring to the table. Just improved fps for 4k+ gaming?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:bryan:

The quantum dot joint has 18ms
If a game is 30FPS then a single frame of input lag is 30ms. There's basically not real difference between 21 and 18 ms for a console gamer. At 60FPS 18ms is a few ms over a frame and 21ms is just a few more. Still hard pressed to tell a difference.
HDMI 2.1 sound pretty damn significant for gaming on TVs, but how significant is it for monitors?

Haven't gamed on a TV in years cuz the input lag is trash. Monitor's input lag is already unbelievably low. In this case, what would HDMI 2.1 bring to the table. Just improved fps for 4k+ gaming?
It doesn't matter for monitors as much because they already have tech like G-Sync and FreeSync and have had it for years.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
If a game is 30FPS then a single frame of input lag is 30ms. There's basically not real difference between 21 and 18 ms for a console gamer. At 60FPS 18ms is a few ms over a frame and 21ms is just a few more. Still hard pressed to tell a difference.

It doesn't matter for monitors as much because they already have tech like G-Sync and FreeSync and have had it for years.
Only people who ever mentioned input lag was tournament fighters. Now on the internet, it's an issue :mjlol:

I remembera convo I had with Kodie a long time ago over this, he then questioned how good I could be if I didn't know about input lag and hitboxes. He never won a round vs me in sf2hdr :manny:

What games would you notice input lag in the most?