Why Does the Cross Gen Game Kena Look Better than Infinite?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game looks good, but I'd have to see more of it, also if it's not full open world I'd expect it to have a certain polish to it

Daps
I know where you're going with this but the footage of Halo was on a PC with series X specs, not Xbox One footage.

I know they were showing next gen footage, I just don't understand how OP can say a cross gen game looks better when both games are cross gen, and we haven't even seen any cross gen footage of Kena. Halo is a multiplayer game running at 4K and 60fps. Do we know Kena's resolution and framerate?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know they were showing next gen footage, I just don't understand how OP can say a cross gen game looks better when both games are cross gen, and we haven't even seen any cross gen footage of Kena. Halo is a multiplayer game running at 4K and 60fps. Do we know Kena's resolution and framerate?
He's just saying Kena(A cross gen game) looks better than Infinite(a cross gen game too) from first glance. The technical aspects of the game isn't going to make the opinion differ.

TLOU 2 is a current gen game running at 1440P/30fps and someone can say it looks better than something like Watchdogs 2 running on a PC at 4K/60fps despite the latter being an open world game. Non open world games tend to look better than open world games.

Kena just looks visually more appealing due to it's artstyle and CG like graphics. Halo may have cleaner IQ and better framerates but looks wise it doesn't really stand out.

Daps
He's just saying Kena(A cross gen game) looks better than Infinite(a cross gen game too) from first glance. The technical aspects of the game isn't going to make the opinion differ.

TLOU 2 is a current gen game running at 1440P/30fps and someone can say it looks better than something like Watchdogs 2 running on a PC at 4K/60fps despite the latter being an open world game. Non open world games tend to look better than open world games.

Kena just looks visually more appealing due to it's artstyle and CG like graphics. Halo may have cleaner IQ and better framerates but looks wise it doesn't really stand out.

That's not how the OP comes off. The title and the post says that Kena, a cross gen title, looks better than Halo, with no mention of Halo also being a cross gen title, and no mention of the fact that nobody has seen the PS4 version of the game to even make this comparison. It's irrelevant at the moment that Kena is cross gen when we have only seen next gen footage of both games. I have no interest in Halo and I agree that Kena looks better to me, but these games are clearly an apples to oranges comparison. I realize that this is a console war thread and I'm taking a L for posting in here so :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That's not how the OP comes off. The title and the post says that Kena, a cross gen title, looks better than Halo, with no mention of Halo also being a cross gen title, and no mention of the fact that nobody has seen the PS4 version of the game to even make this comparison. It's irrelevant at the moment that Kena is cross gen when we have only seen next gen footage of both games. I have no interest in Halo and I agree that Kena looks better to me, but these games are clearly an apples to oranges comparison. I realize that this is a console war thread and I'm taking a L for posting in here so :manny:
YNZ8UOf.png

TheseAlarmingElephantseal-size_restricted.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't talk reasonably in here most the times

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Last of us 2 doesn’t look better than watch dogs at 4K 60 and was visually downgraded significantly from the e3 demo

it’s graphics are on par with every other ps4 exclusive nothing ground breaking

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The title and the post says that Kena, a cross gen title, looks better than Halo, with no mention of Halo also being a cross gen title, and no mention of the fact that nobody has seen the PS4 version of the game to even make this comparison.
But we've seen the next gen comparisons of both.

We've seen what 500 mil and 5 years gets you on the green team.

halo-washed.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the PS4 version not being seen is relevant as the footage we saw was the PS5 version as everything was prefaced prior to the event starting as "All games shown are running on PS5" at the bottom of the screen.
I know what the OP meant and I know its not a fair comparison but Kena, a cross gen game on PS5 looks better than Halo Infinite, another cross gen game. Kena being cross gen isn't seen as a game that's held back visually but Halo looked rough and they're both "work-in-progress" games.

OP just expected the championing of the XsX to elevate Infinite's visuals to some clearly next gen territory. If you want the closest comparison, Destiny 2 could be compared but then someone would claim it's not truly open world therefore it's not a valid comparison.

Last edited: