Why does the Black community depreciate Black clothing brands while putting white clothing brands on a pedestal?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
In 1992 if I wore Karl Kani or Polo, I would be fly. But in 2024 if I wear Karl Kani, cats would swear I just got out of prison from doing 30 years and I'm wearing the clothes still in my closet from 30 years ago. But I'd still be fly if I rocked Polo in 2024

Late 90's/early 2000's, if I rocked FUBU, Phat Farm or Versace I'd be fly. But in 2024 if I wear FUBU or Phat Farm, cats would think I buy my clothes from garage sales. But I'd still be fly if I rocked Versace in 2024

Why is that?

:jbhmm:

Why did we depreciate Karl Kani....Fubu....Sean John...Rocawear? Is it psychological damage from slavery that the Black community makes it seem as if the white mans ice is colder when it comes to clothing brands? Polo, Versace, Prada, D&G, Armani, Chanel, Gucci, Louis Vatton.....All hot in 2024 just like they were in the 90's and even prior

Billionaires Boys Club seems to be the only Black clothing brand that has lasted decades. 1 damn clothing brand.

Essentials/Fear Of God is hot now but only time will tell.

Barriers is hot now but again, only time will tell

Yeezys don't count because Adidas is the manufacturer and if u wanted to count them, they are finished because Yeezy depreciated them himself with his crazy ranting. Jordans don't count. The white man made that movie "Air" to let us know that Jordan did not create the Jordan sneakers, the white man did. They went as far as telling us in that movie the white man had to plead with Jordan to make that sneaker because he wasn't into it at first.

( And don't no one dare come in here with that "Lacoste was a Black Man" nonsense:comeon:)

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
???
Plenty of black folks who make their own clothes that get a ton of love.

You have to go on social media to find it. You thought you had one
:snoop:

It's obvious....You didn't even read what I wrote so I'll repost if for you.

Essentials/Fear Of God is hot now but only time will tell.

Barriers is hot now but again, only time will tell

Thats me acknowledging some current Black clothing brands but how long will they last? Thats the point of the thread. Depreciating Black clothing brands is what we do in the Black community. Those brands are hot now BUT KNOWING IF THEY WILL STAND THE TEST OF TIME IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY LIKE WHITE CLOTHING BRANDS IS STILL IN THE AIR.

Next time read the whole thing before responding.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Black clothing designers get plenty of love, especially brehs who just start out.

It's other groups who think them wearing Versace and Gucci who think white rubs off.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
All those black clothing brands have been coming back.

1) why did they leave the favor of the Black community in the 1st place when the white brands never did? 2) Karl Kanis comeback was not as big as when he dropped in the early 90's. These lil comebacks are never on the same level as being major like with white clothing brands.

Also...u never answered the question.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
That's a great question my fellow Colite.....Coli ite.......colesian!? Everybody that claims they have style will reference something a wealthy presenting person wears whose style comes from a European somewhere in the world

Yep....And I'm still waiting for 1 person to actually answer the question because not 1 poster has done so yet. I gave my lil theory in the OP that it's psychological damage from slavery that the Black community makes it seem as if the white mans ice is colder when it comes to clothing brands, so if no one can answer then my theory stands.