Why does every black superhero/anime hero have electric powers?

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
He's always been considered as black, but in his debut he had a mullet. Every fukking comic book character in the early 90s had a mullet, so I don't think his hair can be considered evidence.
People always wanted him to be black but he's descended from the mutant gateway.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
b0afc2e671d0919e5bdddb3e1def5fe8.jpg

Bumblebee

It’s either electric powers or Super Strength/Toughness

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Never realized it but OP has a point

Kilik Rung in Soul Eater also uses lightening

tumblr_no18ciJx3N1tdzz13o1_250.gifv

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
so after a deep dive I see we got basically no black characters(that anyone would readily identify) with telepathy (or even telekinesis?).....but dozens of lighting based ones.

:gucci:

To be fair, not a lot of black anime characters to begin with....Japan is extremely racist, put it to you this way, there's never gonna be a POC lead in a major shounen anime, anytime soon. Plus after Naruto and the whole rapping ninja c00ntastic experience, I'm good, I rather they not b*stardize/ridicule other cultures.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
2 of the Eternals characters are black and they don't have electric powers.
they technically robots in black face, they don't have any african roots.
Not nitpicking either, i prefer serious representation with characters that are rooted in black culture. Not just a robot that looks like a black guy or a black skinned alien.
Their ethnicity should be a part of their background (like magneto/jewish origin affects his whole character) or else it doesn't count. Thats why people like Black Panther, Storm, and Luke Cage

Last edited: