Why Do You Think Stylish Action Games Died Out This Gen?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know but I'd love an over the top bayonetta, heavenly sword, I actually played the deceit may cry remake for this gen and enjoyed it...I like these types of games. They are short mindless and to the point I do wish they were longer and offered a reason to replay.

I guess I won't eat until the next god of war

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Gravity Rush 2 isn't really that type of game. Are was this sarcasm? Nioh is also almost similar (and even made by a team that excels in that genre), but like Nier, it's also an action rpg.

no. nioh is dark souls inspired tripe. the dark souls formula is literally anti-stylish action by design

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Niche market
Low monetization potential
Only really developed by auteur-like devs

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Niche market
Low monetization potential

Only really developed by auteur-like devs

that's not really true breh :patrice:

DMC, ninja gaiden & bayonetta all sold millions :francis:

and those games don't seem like they would have a crazy AAA-level budget to make either. they're linear action games with a large focus on combat so I dunno why devs stopped making them:gucci:

Hovsta

Pokemon Gang
Daps
People want games where they feel they are the main character akin to action rpg, 2where they choose what the character looks like, what weapons they build and even their personality. That's why fallout 4, mass effect and dark soul games are doing it big.

If they want something where that doesn't matter they just pick up a shooter

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Even though I love Bloodborne if Nioh was more Ninja Gaiden esque with some souls elements I'd cop. The alpha and beta were fun but only having 3 senzu beans at the start like dark souls 1 starting with 3 potions don't work for this game. Makes it too hard imho.