Why do you So many people hate Haitians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief_keef_stan

lil' haitian nikka
Daps
Reppin
Boston. on thot ave. with a big booty island gyal
Haitians aren't only treated poorly in America. Throughout the Caribbean they are heavily discriminated against too. They are viewed as poor, filthy, voodoo, devil worshipers. So I doubt its a race thing.
man da fuk u sayin? ain't u half cac too? every island in the Caribbean got their issues

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
my wife had a haitian friend from ny that she went to school with. she came to our wedding and ended up moving here for a few years. she had 2 kids with 2 different BD's. didn't even know who the 2nd one was. straw that broke the camel's back is she told my wife I was tryin to holla at her when I was taking her over to meet a mechanic I knew to fix her bucket. mind you, at the time, when I was sposed to be tryin to holla @ her, my kid and her kids were in the car the entire time :rudy:

:wtf:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
That's the BS cac rhetorric. They used the religion of Voodoo as a return to ostracize the entire island. The reason voodoo is so hated by cacs (and in return a lot of black people) is because it was the precursor to the Haitian revolution.

What percentage of Haitians would you say pratcie voodoo now? Minority or majority? One of the primary fears people have of Haitians is they automatically assume they are involved with or know someone involved with witchcraft. Some of the baddest women Ive ever met are Haitian.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
What percentage of Haitians would you say pratcie voodoo now? Minority or majority? One of the primary fears people have of Haitians is they automatically assume they are involved with or know someone involved with witchcraft. Some of the baddest women Ive ever met are Haitian.

Honestly, I don't know. The thing is, the practice of Voodoo isn't some evil black magic type of shyt that they like to portray it is. Ever since the Haitian revolution, cacs have made sure to vilify the practice of that spiritual system as devil worshiping because of the fear of what it could potentially do to unify black people. Which is why you have that cac Pat Robertson saying the Haitian earthquake is God's judgement on Haiti because of the "pact they made with the devil."

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:lupe: every haitian i ever met has been crazy, am talkin bout third world Ill chop a dude head off and a eat sandwich afterwords crazy , one of them was a big time drug dealer, no bigrod tho am not dicussing that (pause)

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Honestly, I don't know. The thing is, the practice of Voodoo isn't some evil black magic type of shyt that they like to portray it is. Ever since the Haitian revolution, cacs have made sure to vilify the practice of that spiritual system as devil worshiping because of the fear of what it could potentially do to unify black people. Which is why you have that cac Pat Robertson saying the Haitian earthquake is God's judgement on Haiti because of the "pact they made with the devil."

Okay, but if anyone has an answer to how popular voodoo in Haiti really is, please answer.

Daps
Okay, but if anyone has an answer to how popular voodoo in Haiti really is, please answer.

During slavery vodou spirits/loa were syncrenized with Catholic Saints. In a way today they have become indistinguishable to both those on the outside, and among haitians themselves.

For a Protestant Haitian if you are catholic you are either looked at or assumed as someone who either practices or is open to the use of vodou (what is feared is really the Bokor who exploits the system to perform black magic).

It is true a very large majority of Haitians are Catholic. But as american media says 95% practice vodou is simply not true.

What you need to understand though is in Haiti, vodou is mainstream. Many of the spirits characters references and practices are embedded in the culture. Similar to how I can call @charmander on here an OG does that mean breh is a gangbanger? No.

The strongest vow a Haitian can give is 'Tonnerre boule'm!, blah blah blah' That translates to Let Tonnerre burn me if blah blah blah. Tonnerre is a loa of thunder in Haitian vodou. That same haitian could've never been in nor ever intends to be in a vodou ceremony, it's just the culture..

Vodouisants are in the guts of the underworld but in Haitian society these things aren't polished, packaged and hidden from the streets as in America. Everything is raw and there is no 'political correctness' as in this watered down life u see in the US

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.