Why do we (black people) often have disposition towards nature/hiking/camping?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
poor people have other things to worry about. middle class blacks do all these things. my dad owns a ranch/cabin in the mountains, we hike around there.

when I went to congo I did 5 days in a village. learned a lot like u can brush your teeth with coal, and it works better than tooth brush. :ehh:

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
This is some thing I don't blame black people for. Whites have a tendency to make themselves look good at all times. There are many blacks around the world that have a hetter concept of nature than whites do. But they get displayed as primitive and uncivilized. So I can understand western blacks attempting to distance themselves from nature living. That being said, this world is as much ours as anyone like (like a poster has said) lets enjoy it. Does anyone know a black family that farms/own a farm?
My brother owned 5 acres outside the city. He used to breed goats and chicken until a hurricane came through Florida and damaged his irrigation system. He hasn't done anything with his land since that time. My family from Haiti; they about that farming life..

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
I grew up in the country.... I would walk through the woods to go to school.... We would discuss plants and bugs.... It was piff..:

I love hiking and being in the ocean.... Yes I get my hair wet... I am not the best swimmer but I manage.... My boo loves to snorkel.... I can't stand stereotypes....

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
My brother owned 5 acres outside the city. He used to breed goats and chicken until a hurricane came through Florida and damaged his irrigation system. He hasn't done anything with his land since that time. My family from Haiti; they about that farming life..
That's great, man but having a farm in the west (unless generationally passed) is very expensive.

Fckumeen

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Over There...
fukk that shyt im good.:scust:

Weird though because I love watching animal planet, man vs wild, The most extreme, etc:pachaha:

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
I dunno, was never that type. I've camped before. I have family who do that shyt monthly.

This basically:

I don't expect city brehs to enjoy wildlife stuff because they're some city brehs.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Though Imma city dude, I love nature. Shyt is frightening esp with pics like above and ish but that's what makes it fun. Breathing new air, testing yourself on a hike, putting that phone aside and purely enjoy this earth.:blessed:

Guess I'm biased....from 9 to 14 years of age, my parents sent me to a camp in Vermont for the entire summer and, man:wow:, it was the first time I was outta the smog, public "annoyances" and loud shenanigans that I was accustomed to in DC.

Wouldn't take it back for anything. When I have kids, we plan to get them "out" and experience.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
lTY57Sm.jpg

7PQTWnF.jpg

Ftgn71W.jpg

UEDb2T2.jpg

cCr2FFY.jpg

wQKMQ88.jpg

9m8pU0L.jpg
Thanks breh. Now I feel like shyt is crawling on me:beli:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar
This thread is very interesting for me. I never grew up thinking black people had an apprehension to nature. My mom and dad both visited their grandparents and other relatives who had farms. They in turn made a huge garden and taught me gardening from the time I could walk. We camped, we swam and all my cousins did the same. I traveled to other countries, saw other black people doing the same thing, I joined in and we were all on the same page.

Being able to handle yourself outside goes back to skills. People in the skills generation had to learn that stuff and taught their children. Knowing how to fillet fish, tie various knots, make shelter, start fires, swim, fire a gun and all that were just part of the basic package in being an adult. It wasn't viewed as a hobby or recreation as it is today in that you're doing something "fun" or "cool." It was seen as vital skills that might keep you alive one day.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
I don't know about hiking but I have lived in small towns that were completely rural and enjoyed it.... I love rural Texas and Louisiana!

wpid-20150208_160526_richtonehdr1.jpg

:ahh: