Why do we (black people) often have disposition towards nature/hiking/camping?

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

You think nikkas trying to be out in the woods with gun toting cacs lurking around??

We cant even get these fukking cops under control

That's true and that is a major issue. That why you gotta go strapped. We shouldn't let that deter us. This world is just as much ours as it is theirs and we have the God given right enjoy nature

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
right because we have better things to do like surfing the net all day searching for the latest pairs of jordans, shooting hoops, and smokin weed.
Lmao dude I'm not anti nature, it's just isn't for me to hike and camp. I like fishing though.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
lTY57Sm.jpg

7PQTWnF.jpg

Ftgn71W.jpg

UEDb2T2.jpg

cCr2FFY.jpg

wQKMQ88.jpg

9m8pU0L.jpg

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I love camping, I might be the only one of out of my group of black friends that goes camping.
Being one with nature, enjoying what god has provided for us :ohlawd:
It's so relaxing, fun. :blessed:

i recently seen someone on twitter say sitting in the park was for white people, and he got alot of rts

:what: HOW SWAY?
I go to the park with some weed, a bottle of rum and coke, take my notebook and soak up the sun. How the hell?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
which is pretty sad because black people are the original adventurers and nature loving. Them bushmen in Africa probably know more about nature than 99% of us.
Very true. I don't understand where the stereotype came from. My mom and dad were both raised in the village. And it is usual that african kids get sent to the village during the summers to spend time with grandparents. The equivalent here would be going to the cottage.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its all psychological, in the US back in the day the woods and forest is where black people went and disappeared. White people didnt allow us to enjoy nature...you go anywhere else in the world its the total opposite. I hike everytime i get a chance...pop some shrooms and be in paradise.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
That's true and that is a major issue. That why you gotta go strapped. We shouldn't let that deter us. This world is just as much ours as it is theirs and we have the God given right enjoy nature

alll jokes aside, nature is a beautiful thing..just relaxing and watching the water and birds etc is calming..

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
People love complaining about racial stereotypes, but still believe in them or willfully behave in ways that uphold them . I guess to some degree it's hard not to since we are condition to do so from a young age.
I think it is not as hard if you choose to maintain perspective on things you talk about. In other words, knowing that humans are susceptible to conditioning and certain types of humans control the media, then you should actively question why/how you view the world and yourself

But because humans love quick summaries and simple answers, we rather apply those limited "facts" to make general conclusions

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the point? To be 1 with nature?:rudy: Miss me with that. When someone comes up with a good reason to do it then I'll listen. Camping is pointless.
That's what I'm saying, I never get a good answer other than "it's fun."
My ancestors had to spend 18 hours/day in the sun, I'm cool with this inside air conditiong. I'll read a book if I want to imagine outside.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
This is some thing I don't blame black people for. Whites have a tendency to make themselves look good at all times. There are many blacks around the world that have a hetter concept of nature than whites do. But they get displayed as primitive and uncivilized. So I can understand western blacks attempting to distance themselves from nature living. That being said, this world is as much ours as anyone like (like a poster has said) lets enjoy it. Does anyone know a black family that farms/own a farm?