Why do video game reviews matter more than other entertainment medium reviews?

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
If the consensus on a game is the gameplay is trash, there's not much wiggle room to claim that's subjective.

If you were interested you'd dive deeper and see if people just don't like the style and give it a shot anyway. Or if the game is counter intuitive and buggy (fallout 76).

I can get more out of a game review on a surface level then I can from other media.

Edit: I really don't read reviews. But take stock of what the player base is saying about the game.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Movie reviews matter alot more than video game reviews

Matter of fact I don’t know a single person in real life that actually checks for video game reviews...not one

Only yall gaming nerds care about that bullshyt

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As others have said, it's really just because of cost of entry. It's interesting if you look into it, because you can get stuck reading/talking about economic demographics and whatnot.

I usually don't check review scores. They're mostly meaningless. I'm more interested in what they actually had to say about the game itself, since that gives you and idea of what the actual experience is like when playing it

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Matter of fact I don’t know a single person in real life that actually checks for video game reviews...not one

Only yall gaming nerds care about that bullshyt

No one looks at movie reviews

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The quality of other "artforms" can be subjective or left up to interpretation.

A game can be objectively bad (or even incomplete), as in it's buggy, or the core mechanics of the game play are broken, etc..

The stakes are also higher, as you are investing more time and money into a game than a movie or book.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You’re delusional if you really believe that

Way more people check for movie reviews then they do video games reviews
No they don’t

People see actors, trailers and theme as to whether see a movie or not

I’ve never heard anyone say they watched a movie because professional critics rate it highly

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
No they don’t

People see actors, trailers and theme as to whether see a movie or not

I’ve never heard anyone say they watched a movie because professional critics rate it highly
Huh? Movies get a little more burn once they've been nominated for an Oscar or if they even win.

Critical acclaim is how smaller and more obscure flicks even try to break even.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Huh? Movies get a little more burn once they've been nominated for an Oscar or if they even win.

Critical acclaim is how smaller and more obscure flicks even try to break even.
Winning awards is not the same as a critic rating a movie

I’m saying “critical acclaim” is not how most people choose what movies to consume.

Video game review scores have a lot influence on how well a game sells and is received

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Winning awards is not the same as a critic rating a movie

I’m saying “critical acclaim” is not how most people choose what movies to consume.

Video game review scores have a lot influence on how well a game sells and is received
You said nobody, not most.

People are influenced to watch different movies by various factors. For some they just have to be interested in the actors, director, and the premise. Others may be swayed by the critical buzz a certain film is garnering.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You said nobody, not most.

People are influenced to watch different movies by various factors. For some they just have to be interested in the actors, director, and the premise. Others may be swayed by the critical buzz a certain film is garnering.
Ok buddy. So are you saying professional movie critics have the same pull on the industry and video game reviewers?

Because that’s really the point and you know that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

not when it comes to black movies. A LOT of black movies we love have shytty reviews due to a lot of the reviewers not understanding black culture.

with videogames, you don't have that element prevalent.