Why Do Some Polynesians Sometimes Look Black?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because they used to be black

But not from Africa...

We are everywhere

Sorry to break it to you but we were in Europe before Europeans as well. It was not an uninhabited area until Caucasians moved there. We were already there.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
Famous black and hip hop quote
"never forget where you come from"

But you got people here arguing "bu bu but they are not African because they left africa 1 billion years ago"

:camby:

Sometimes the arguments people make on this board makes me believe mostrich yall got some type of mental health conditions...shiieet you see nikkas here stating
"us african Americans are native to this land we never came from africa"
:mindblown:muthafukka it's in ur name...African! American!

Daps
The ironic part is that because of the "out-of-Africa" migration, we actually have much more in-common with Europeans and Middle Easterners (genetically) than Pacific Islanders.

There are seven major DNA haplogroups. Africa has all of them: L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 and L6. The rest of the world outside of Africa descends from just L3. The people that left Africa and went to the Fertile Crescent/Middle East and Europe all came from L3. From there smaller groups kept moving east towards Asia, the Pacific Islands and later the future Native Americans going across the frozen Bering Strait.

Each group that moved further from Africa became smaller and smaller with less genetic diversity. It's why you'll see Pygmies, swole Nigerians/Ghanians but then giant-super tall Dinka warriors all on the same continent. Polynesians are a branch of us just like Europeans but they're more genetically removed from us even though in terms of phenotype, they look a lot more like us than some random Scottish or German dude.

That's a very believable theory. Denisovans and Neanthdrals had a decent strong hold in the South and West Asian territories. Not to mention some hobbits had lived in some Indonesian islands. Alot of things going on back in the day in and around Asia.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the mali empire were not transatlantic traders and as an african this fukking stupid shyt is annoying. you can not and will not provide proof of ships from this empire being capable of transatlantic voyages.

can you stop this stupid noise, its fukking stupid and backwards.

Stop talking to me white boy. You ain't fooling nobody. No African would say the Mali Empire was incapable of transatlantic voyages when we got books like THEY CAME BEFORE COLUMBUS.

Modern black americans descend from Pacific Islanders who colonized the Americas and West African traders.

Daps
:what:

What the Hell does that even mean? This little girl is 100% African. She is Berber.

amazigh-march7-p.jpg

she doesn't look polynesian so you prove my point. and you dont know what she is just because you googled "berber pic" doesnt mean you know her dna :snoop:

so if you add context clues to what i posted and the pic posted in the OP, my point was polys dont look like most black africans (talking about sub-sahara, obviously not north/arab africa but they dont look like north africans either). they may look like africans who are mixed with something, like a lot of black americans.

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
The ironic part is that because of the "out-of-Africa" migration, we actually have much more in-common with Europeans and Middle Easterners (genetically) than Pacific Islanders.

There are seven major DNA haplogroups. Africa has all of them: L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5 and L6. The rest of the world outside of Africa descends from just L3. The people that left Africa and went to the Fertile Crescent/Middle East and Europe all came from L3. From there smaller groups kept moving east towards Asia, the Pacific Islands and later the future Native Americans going across the frozen Bering Strait.

Each group that moved further from Africa became smaller and smaller with less genetic diversity. It's why you'll see Pygmies, swole Nigerians/Ghanians but then giant-super tall Dinka warriors all on the same continent. Polynesians are a branch of us just like Europeans but they're more genetically removed from us even though in terms of phenotype, they look a lot more like us than some random Scottish or German dude.

Dap as I agree with a lot of that. What do you know about DNA from other hominids that is present only in some African populations.

So-called "Archaic DNA".

i.e.

The 'Ghosts' of 2 Unknown Extinct Human Species Have Been Found in Modern DNA
and
Traces of mystery ancient humans found lurking in our genomes

I wish I had time to read more about it.

Too busy on thecoli.com :wow:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
i played football with a lot of polynesians and samoans. they blend in pretty well :yeshrug: