Why do people think Fantastic Four as a property is worth a got damn?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Part of it is just the wanting of something bc it's not currently available syndrome.

i.e. the F4 comic sales had been pretty trash, creepin on Captain Marvel levels... but as soon as Marvel deaded the book a couple years ago, there was all this internet outrage and anger and outcry to bring them back... which is fine, but i was lookin at some of them like yall muthafukkers weren't even buying the book when it was alive :heh:

Now for those who were buyin the book and felt crushed, or those who would actually spend money on a Thing or Reed Richards DLC in a video game, hey, respect. Bc i always saw them as a nice to have and not a need nor want.

Some of the villains you could make a stronger argument for i suppose.
Mark Millar's run during FF was great but i dont know anyone who cared but me :manny:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
All four of the attempts at this in film version have been ass. The worst comic movie of all time is an FF movie

The second or third worst comic movie of all time is an FF movie. (The last one)

The cartoon sucked (it DID).

The comic has USUALLY sucked, unless THE RIGHT writer had it for like a year or so.

Their origin is old timey as fukk

Nobody gives a shyt about FF

Why are they trying to make it happen still? Straight up, X-Force, the power pack, thunderbolts, ghost rider, are all more valuable marvel IP at this point...let ALONE the netflix properties...

That cartoon series is a classic, bad dialogue aside i loved that show as a kid:mjcry:. Reed Richards is a piece of shyt though:pacspit:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Mark Millar's run during FF was great but i dont know anyone who cared but me :manny:
So was Hickman's run apparently. Not that i knew personally, because i didn't read it. Bc I don't care about the F4. But everyone who read it praised it, and after reading Hickman's 4 year New Avengers/Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars II odyssey, which was apparently a continuation of that F4 run but on a larger scale, I can understand why his F4 got praise.

Still never felt like actually reading it though. Maybe one day

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're right, 50 years ago they were very important.

:applause:

You're my dude Ed, but let's not front like that isn't exactly the way the mouse wants it. They've BEEN downplaying everyone they don't have the movie rights to because of corporate politics.

They were important well after the 60's, actually. John Byrne >

When the F4, Avengers, and Doctor Strange all fought Galactus in the streets :wow:

When Reed and Sue lost their baby to a miscarriage :to:

(although that baby could have been Namor's :mjpls: )

American comics in general got mostly :flabbynsick: to me from the 90's onward (with a few exceptions), but the Hickman run has it's fans. Reed also was a major player in Civil War. They're the first family of Marvel, for better or worse.

The X-men are still the GOAT team in Marvel history either way

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Disney should strike a deal with Fox to have Pixar create a F4 movie. We all know The Incredibles was highly influenced by F4.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The recent short-lived animated series was ok. In fact I think the animated avengers show should've never been canceled. I think they had something with that.

Oh and Galactis can change shape, so him being a cloud in the movie is fine.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I need reed and tony working together

but yeah, i imagine it getting the same backlash as iron fist for similar reasons, I hope not tho, Cause I don't want goofy half ass shyt like Ben's girl being black or no other shyt. I'm good w/ black panther and luke cage and shyt. This shyt ain't black created anydamnway nikkas need to cut that shyt out

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
They honestly need to introduce them with another property (ala Spiderman reboot)

If they plan on making them relevant again

If not then Bush these nikkas. The Jessica Alba was decent for what it was at the time and they could've done so much with the recent one (had decent young actors, decent premise, completely fukked it up though with direction, story, CGI, fukked up Doom, etc)

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
If there's anyone who can save the property it's Boy-Toucher Bryan Singer, father of the greatest dynasty of comic book films :blessed:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FF needs a Netflix show to give the audience enough time to buy into the family dynamic.

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
FF are terrible, only Grimm and Johnny are worth while. Even Reed is terrible Mavel already got too many super scientists and his powers are ass :camby:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Part of it is just the wanting of something bc it's not currently available syndrome.

i.e. the F4 comic sales had been pretty trash, creepin on Captain Marvel levels... but as soon as Marvel deaded the book a couple years ago, there was all this internet outrage and anger and outcry to bring them back... which is fine, but i was lookin at some of them like yall muthafukkers weren't even buying the book when it was alive :heh:

Now for those who were buyin the book and felt crushed, or those who would actually spend money on a Thing or Reed Richards DLC in a video game, hey, respect. Bc i always saw them as a nice to have and not a need nor want.

Some of the villains you could make a stronger argument for i suppose.

honestly, this is when i knew most of the xmen/f4 grandstanders were full of shyt. those cats werent reading the comics despite all the bs. and then started to get mad saying that the f4 werent going to be in the new mahvel. they were never in a capcom marvel game and im pretty sure liscensing isnt the reason.

for those saying they suck in book, i disagree. i think most of the issue comes from not knowing what to look for outside of the initial run. the hickman gets well deserved praise, but the waid/wieringo(r.i.p) run is one of my favorites. i might have to double dip on the trades

also. the ff had a dope tv show. i used to watch it back to back with the herculoids before going to school

Last edited: