Why do people think Fantastic Four as a property is worth a got damn?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
All four of the attempts at this in film version have been ass. The worst comic movie of all time is an FF movie

The second or third worst comic movie of all time is an FF movie. (The last one)

The cartoon sucked (it DID).

The comic has USUALLY sucked, unless THE RIGHT writer had it for like a year or so.

Their origin is old timey as fukk

Nobody gives a shyt about FF

Why are they trying to make it happen still? Straight up, X-Force, the power pack, thunderbolts, ghost rider, are all more valuable marvel IP at this point...let ALONE the netflix properties...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The adaptations have all been :flabbynsick: compared to the original Lee/Kirby run (and the John Byrne run), but it's important to recognize exactly how much the Fantastic Four changed this whole comic book game when they first dropped.
They were the first heroes to actually act like people and not just paragons. Reed and Sue had ups and downs in their marriage. Ben had major insecurity and personal issues because of his appearance. On top of that, their comic introduced Dr. Doom (one of the GOAT villains), Black Panther, the skrulls, Galactus (another GAME CHANGING villain), the Silver Surfer, the Inhumans, and the negative zone.

If the Fantastic Four hadn't taken off when it did, the Avengers, X-men, and the rest of the Marvel heroes and villains would have never seen the light of day. The Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four collaboration from 1961-1970 is lowkey a top 3 most important work in the history of comics as a medium (and I say this is more of an X-men fan than anything).

8aeab91f6833c8ef39b2346539a2e26e.jpg

The real problem is FOX. They have no respect for the characters and don't have a clue what they're doing. They're trying too hard to make the FF something they're not, when they're really scientists/explorers first and superheroes second. Those rights need to go back to Marvel ASAP.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
Nah, the 2 Movies with Chris Evans & Jessica Alba worked just fine for what comic book movies were at the time. They could have easily merged that version of Fantastic Four with X-Men but I'm sorta Glad they didn't. Marvel needs to get these guys in the MCU though, Reed & Sue were a big part of the Civil War comic but they could definitely figure out something to do with them with The Avengers.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Nah, the 2 Movies with Chris Evans & Jessica Alba worked just fine for what comic book movies were at the time. They could have easily merged that version of Fantastic Four with X-Men but I'm sorta Glad they didn't. Marvel needs to get these guys in the MCU though, Reed & Sue were a big part of the Civil War comic but they could definitely figure out something to do with them with The Avengers.
Do you ever want to watch them again?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If the Fantastic Four hadn't taken off when it did, the Avengers, X-men, and the rest of the Marvel heroes and villains would have never seen the light of day. The Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four collaboration from 1961-1970 is lowkey a top 3 most important work in the history of comics as a medium (and I say this is more of an X-men fan than anything).
You're right, 50 years ago they were very important.

:applause:

Daps
The adaptations have all been :flabbynsick: compared to the original Lee/Kirby run (and the John Byrne run), but it's important to recognize exactly how much the Fantastic Four changed this whole comic book game when they first dropped.
They were the first heroes to actually act like people and not just paragons. Reed and Sue had ups and downs in their marriage. Ben had major insecurity and personal issues because of his appearance. On top of that, their comic introduced Dr. Doom (one of the GOAT villains), Black Panther, the skrulls, Galactus (another GAME CHANGING villain), the Silver Surfer, the Inhumans, and the negative zone.

8aeab91f6833c8ef39b2346539a2e26e.jpg

The real problem is FOX. They have no respect for the characters and don't have a clue what they're doing. They're trying too hard to make the FF something they're not, when they're really scientists/explorers first and superheroes second. Those rights need to go back to Marvel ASAP.
Dapped and Repped.

FOX ruined all my favorites. From X Men to F4, that's why I hate them with a passion and would never spend a penny on them. Galactus was a fukking cloud in the second one and the new reboot pissed me off severely. Wasn't even close to canon, Dr. Doom was a wtf.

Daps
At this point, it's more about the villains tied up with their rights for me.:ehh:

It's because of this we don't have Galactus (w/ Silver Surfer), Doom, The Skrulls, Annihlus in the MCU.
Na Illuminati with Reed, TChalla, Strange, Tony was a big part of the World war hulk arc, which is why there are no more hulk movies. Doom invading Wakanda could've been another secret wars movie and Magneto, Sabretooth getting defeated by Panther then Black bolt blasting apocalypse out of Wakanda would've been dope in the movie verse.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All four of the attempts at this in film version have been ass. The worst comic movie of all time is an FF movie

The second or third worst comic movie of all time is an FF movie. (The last one)

The cartoon sucked (it DID).

The comic has USUALLY sucked, unless THE RIGHT writer had it for like a year or so.

Their origin is old timey as fukk

Nobody gives a shyt about FF

Why are they trying to make it happen still? Straight up, X-Force, the power pack, thunderbolts, ghost rider, are all more valuable marvel IP at this point...let ALONE the netflix properties...

Part of it is just the wanting of something bc it's not currently available syndrome.

i.e. the F4 comic sales had been pretty trash, creepin on Captain Marvel levels... but as soon as Marvel deaded the book a couple years ago, there was all this internet outrage and anger and outcry to bring them back... which is fine, but i was lookin at some of them like yall muthafukkers weren't even buying the book when it was alive :heh:

Now for those who were buyin the book and felt crushed, or those who would actually spend money on a Thing or Reed Richards DLC in a video game, hey, respect. Bc i always saw them as a nice to have and not a need nor want.

Some of the villains you could make a stronger argument for i suppose.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Na Illuminati with Reed, TChalla, Strange, Tony was a big part of the World war hulk arc, which is why there are no more hulk movies. Doom invading Wakanda could've been another secret wars movie and Magneto, Sabretooth getting defeated by Panther then Black bolt blasting apocalypse out of Wakanda would've been dope in the movie verse.

It feels like we're getting an abridged 'World War Hulk' in Thor 3 - which would make it too late for Reed to be a part of it now. I'm hoping we get a version of the Illuminati if/when Thanos shows up on Earth.