Why Do People Keep Swearing They Mixed With "Indian"

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
the Indians won't claim you, so why claim them?

This is part of the idiocy with lack of knowledge and history...These are not "Indians" the word "Indian" for this part of the world came from Christopher Columbus and his retarded lost "voyage" to what he thought was "India", but was Amerikkka.....

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Black Americans have alot of Native American in them..from slaves escaping down south or west and native americans helping them..like the seminole mostly but other tribes too living in native american communities..my grandma has old photos of our family with black men and indian wives holding their mixed babies..

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
A considerable number of African-Americans do have Indigenous ancestry, but for those don't know anything about the nation they are descended from and lack knowledge about Indigenous history/issues/culture, it doesn't make sense to try to claim it. Those who lack this knowledge (and especially those who show no real interest in gaining it) but still claim it are very likely trying to distance themselves from Blackness.

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Cuz I got light brights in my family :lupe:

Not really....My girl was the complexion of Gabrielle Union and use to say this shyt and we all got roots from down in Bama....Natives and Blacks didn't mix like that down in that area. So this "Indian" or "native american" has nothing to do with her or us.

This is a regional argument based upon the facts of history, which make nikkas that say this shyt sound dumb. You can't have "indian" in you, because its not their name and also because your roots and timeline don't match up, but people so adament on having another race in them, that they overlook this obvious foolishness.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Usually black people take what they drunk aunt says as gospel........."you know your great grandma was Cherokee"........and thats what they roll with. They just going off of hearsay... They brainwashed into thinking that the only people that have a lighter shade and somewhat straighter hair are Indians. Only notty headed purple-black folks exist over in Africa in they eyes.

Everytime they do those DNA tests on Louis Gates program those celebs always say "i think im 45 percent Indian" and they come back with a dash of European mixed with black and blacker.

Self hate and the lust after anything exotic just fuels the Indian in my family envy.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Not really....My girl was the complexion of Gabrielle Union and use to say this shyt and we all got roots from down in Bama....Natives and Blacks didn't mix like that down in that area. So this "Indian" or "native american" has nothing to do with her or us.

This is a regional argument based upon the facts of history, which make nikkas that say this shyt sound dumb. You can't have "indian" in you, because its not their name and also because your roots and timeline don't match up, but people so adament on having another race in them, that they overlook this obvious foolishness.
What this have to do with the light skin, hazel eyed people in my family :usure:

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
its not up to us to decide..if native americans want to call themselves natives or american indians which they do then its up to them..not you or me..i call them whatever they want to be called

Natives don't want to call themselves "Indians"...Why do you think they trying to get rid of all these cac names put on them like "Redskin" and "indians" names of sports teams now.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
It shows when you actually do.It will show in your appearance if you're a few generations removed, which is what most people that say that want to claim

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
What this have to do with the light skin, hazel eyed people in my family :usure:

Depends on where they from.....That don't auto make them have native blood, that blood may just come from cac rape or post slavery fckery....which is a whole other problem.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It is perceived to make one more interesting and exotic to mention it. Truth is, we are all mixed with a little something, but usually in negligible amounts. Therefore sometimes people will lie to explain the baby hairs they have on the back of their neck, or to explain away a weave(seen that happen before). It isn't as simple as self hate and you guys saying this over and over like it is gospel.