Why do people feel the need to put down where others are from?

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
IDK why but it seems like alot of dudes can't be proud of where they from without feeling the need to put down others. :yeshrug:

I can attest to this being from Newark, NJ and having to hear NY nikkas talk about how superior they are to dudes from Jersey.:wtf: I'm like :shaq: nikka I grew up 20 mins from NY, we're basically similar.

It's the same thing when dudes from the north look down on the south, and vice-versa.

Can't we just get along?:manny:

Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
IDK why but it seems like alot of dudes can't be proud of where they from without feeling the need to put down others. :yeshrug:

I can attest to this being from Newark, NJ and having to hear NY nikkas talk about how superior they are to dudes from Jersey.:wtf: I'm like :shaq: nikka I grew up 20 mins from NY, we're basically similar.

It's the same thing when dudes from the north look down on the south, and vice-versa.

Can't we just get along?:manny:
:usure:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
LOL

I'm not saying we're trying to be like NY dudes :childplease: FOH with that

I'm saying there's going to be similarities in the ways we speak, the music we listen too and things like that

NY and NJ are right next to each other what do u expect?

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
It don't matter because you're not from DC or MD

:pacspit: everyone else

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
It don't matter because you're not from DC or MD

:pacspit: everyone else
:ohhh: See that's another one I don't get

I hear about feuds and beefs between DC and B-More all the time, but they like right next to each other :wtf:

I don't get it

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps

it's new jersey, and it's newark. you know the facts, don't be naive. just try to think of one good thing people have said about newark. i bet you for every one good fact about newark (or jersey in general) you can find five bad facts...

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because they dont respect you as a man. Imagine if mike tyson said yea im from a small town in bulgaria where they filmed Borat. Nobody would say shyt!

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
it's new jersey, and it's newark. you know the facts, don't be naive. just try to think of one good thing people have said about newark. i bet you for every one good fact about newark (or jersey in general) you can find five bad facts...
Hell yeah Newark is a rough and grimey ass city, I can't deny that. But why try to stereotype me.

As far as i can see your location says New Orleans, so would it be right to say u a country bumkin with dreads that can't speak right?

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah, its a general new yorker mentality to put down everywhere else. I have been doing it since I arrived in the midwest, pretty sure i'm pissing off a lot of people

:yeshrug:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
nah, its a general new yorker mentality to put down everywhere else. I have been doing it since I arrived in the midwest, pretty sure i'm pissing off a lot of people

:yeshrug:
That's what it seems like, NY dudes putting down anybody not from NY

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Hell yeah Newark is a rough and grimey ass city, I can't deny that. But why try to stereotype me.

As far as i can see your location says New Orleans, so would it be right to say u a country bumkin with dreads that can't speak right?

actually, i'm from manhattan, lmao! :takedat:

i just live here now, for the past year and a half...