why do people assume its not pro black to date Light Skinned/Mixed people ?

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is that can be misleading because there are "black"people with 2 black parents who are lighter than biracials.

7qLdOPa.jpg

vs

For example, are we gonna deny Marshall's blackness even though

The woman above would better represent most black woman but Rashida would and does represent a subset of "black" identified women/people

Lauren London's father is....

Rashida Jones' mother is....

...ah fukk it, you negus will learn the hard way.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we will just agree to disagree though because I definately hold the militant pro black biracial in higher opinion because he actually is concerned with our people and our growth. Just because someone has Black skin doesnt mean its all good.

it's not about who you hold in a "higher opinion" fact remains, one is biracial and one is black.

if it came down to tim wise or larry elders, would you accept tim wise as black?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Stephen Curry, also known as Steph Curry, is an American professional basketball player. He plays in the NBA. He is the son of Sonya Alicia (Adams), a volleyball player, and Dell Curry (Wardell Stephen Curry), a former NBA player. His brother is basketball player Seth Curry.

Stephen’s parents are both African-American. His grandparents are all African-American as well.

Stephen’s paternal grandparents are Wardell Curry (the son of Blanch Perline Curry) and Juanita Marian/Marion Leitch/Gaines Casey (the daughter of Eugenia Marian Gaines).

Stephen’s maternal grandparents are Cleive Ester Adams (the son of Cleive Ester Adams and Bertha Blanche Arrington) and Candy Ann Wyms (the daughter of Walter Leonard Wyms and Evelyn Katherine Snell). Walter was the son of Judge Paul Wyms and Virginia Belle Hines. Evelyn was the daughter of Archie Newbern Snell and Gertrude Katherine Hubbard.

Stephen Curry — Ethnicity of Celebs | What Nationality Ancestry Race

Curry rooted in storied New River Valley family tree

Stephen Curry is a member of perhaps the most athletically decorated bloodline in the region’s history.

Stephen Curry is also a Snell.

“If I sit here and talk to you about this family, you’ll be dizzy,” said his maternal grandmother, Candy Adams of Radford.

The tree branches are thick

The roots of the Snell family in Radford date from the turn of the 20th century when a railroad worker from Patrick County decided to make the community his home.

Wesley Snell — Stephen Curry’s great-great-great-grandfather — and wife Flora Etta raised 11 children in their house on Russell Avenue in Radford, which became the foundation for the athletic lineage.

During the 1970s and ’80s, the name Snell was routinely printed in sports page headlines heralding the athletic careers of Stephen Curry’s cousins, Sidney Snell and Donald Wayne Snell, both of whom spent time leading the Hokies football team in pass receiving during their respective seasons.

Adams was a frequently printed name in the sports pages, too. Sonya Adams Curry was part of Radford teams that won state titles in basketball and volleyball, and her sister, India Adams, was named the 1988 Timesland girls basketball player of the year. Sonya Adams Curry went on to play volleyball at Tech, while India Adams played basketball at Belmont Abbey College.

In the 1990s, another cousin in the Snell line, Doug Day Jr., basically rewrote the Radford University basketball record book while also setting the NCAA record for career 3-point shots made at 401. Stephen Curry would finish his three-year career at Davidson College with 414 3-pointers.

Day, who is currently the head boys basketball coach at his alma mater, Blacksburg High School, said growing up having seen his older cousins’ success was a motivating factor for his own athletic career.

“That always pushed me to want to achieve and be as successful as they had been in high school and college,” he said.

He even recalled picking up a few tips while a high school player from his cousin Sonya’s college sweetheart, future NBA star and Stephen Curry’s father, Dell.

“We worked on my shot, coming off screens, catch and shoot quickly, some things he had been taught when he was coming up,” Day said.

More recently the Snell family tree has seen Stephen Curry’s uncle Cleive Adams become the head football coach at Averett University, and cousins Brenden Motley, Daniella Motley and Donald Wayne Snell’s son Zach Snell each become athletic stars at Christiansburg High School. Daniella Motley went on to play basketball for Wofford College, while Brenden Motley is currently fighting for playing time at quarterback for the Hokies.

“I’d basically say sports are everything to our family,” Brenden Motley said.

Zach Snell was also on Tech’s football team, as an invited walk-on, but left the team this spring to focus on school following injures to both wrists. Cleive Adams’ son Cleive Adams Jr. has taken a more original path into athletics by becoming a professional bullfighter in rodeos throughout Virginia and North Carolina.

“We’re still growing them and they’re still playing,” Sidney Snell said of his younger relatives.

And then, of course, there’s Stephen Curry’s siblings, ex-Duke and current NBA Development League guard Seth Curry, and Sydel Curry, who just finished her sophomore season on Elon University’s volleyball team.

“It’s so hard to keep track of what everybody does and you end up leaving somebody out and their feelings are hurt and it goes on,” Candy Adams said.

“You can’t just let Stephen overshadow everybody else,” her sister Lulabelle Lewis chimed in.

Stephen Curry’s cousin, Joseph Snell, a program associate with the Transportation Research Board of the National Academies in Washington, D.C., has spent countless hours and miles during the past four years researching the family’s history. Wesley Snell is Stephen Curry’s great-great-great-grandfather and Joseph Snell’s great-great-grandfather.

Joseph Snell has tracked the family’s roots back to Patrick County personal property tax records from the 1850s, which list Wesley Snell’s father, John Snell, as well as his grandmother Eliza Snell, among free blacks living on personal property.

He said his great-great-grandfather was known for having large, strong hands and coated railroad ties in creosote, among other things, for the Norfolk and Western Railway. He was also one of three charter members of the Radford Church of God in Christ on Russell Avenue.

Among Wesley Snell’s 11 children were Archie Snell Sr., a World War I veteran and Stephen Curry’s great-great-grandfather, and Hattie Mae Snell Day, the mother of both Sidney Grant Snell and Doug Day Sr.

On Friday, the Radford Army Ammunition Plant dedicated a building the Douglas M. Day Fire and Emergency Services Building in honor of the longtime arsenal employee, who died in 2012.

Archie Snell’s daughter Evelyn is the mother of Max Snell and Candy Adams. Max Snell fathered Donald Wayne Snell, Brenda Motley — mother of Brenden and Daniella Motley — and Steve Snell, who today is an assistant men’s basketball coach at Santa Clara University in California.

Candy Adams is the mother of Sonya Adams Curry, Cleive Adams and India Adams.

“We’re all linked. … Everybody is going in so many different directions, but everybody knows everything that they need to know about the family,” Candy Adams said.

Stephen has the floor

As of late, one thing all branches of the Snell family tree seem to know is the tipoff time for the Warriors’ games.

“You think I’m going to miss it? I got that NBA All-Access. I’m right there,” Candy Adams said.

Candy Adams said she rarely makes the trip from her Radford home to the West Coast to see her grandson play, but did make the trip last month to watch him receive the MVP trophy in California.

“I thought I was just going to melt in the floor,” she said.

Lewis said she might see Stephen Curry once a year, but she knows their connection is special.

She recalled a family member who was on his deathbed a couple of years ago and badly wanted to see Stephen Curry.

“And the day he died, Stephen had been here maybe an hour.He flew into Charlotte, got in a car, and drove up here,” Lewis said.

The act was an example of the family bond of which Cleive Adams said outsiders are often jealous.

“A lot of friends and people who are connected are very envious of the type of relationship we have,” he said.

Many family members said they would have very much liked to have seen Stephen Curry follow in his parents’ footsteps and attend Virginia Tech, but Candy Adams said she believed things not working out with the Hokies and Seth Greenberg, Tech’s basketball coach at that time, was part of a larger plan.

“It was God looking after Stephen,” Candy Adams said.

Most members are also in agreement that they too had underestimated Stephen Curry’s potential.

“I knew he was going to hold his own in the NBA, but this status, I never would have dreamed it,” Candy Adams said.

Brenden Motley said his cousin’s journey and faith had been an example for his own athletic pursuits.

“Seeing Stephen where he is now — keeping his faith in God and giving God the glory — it’s definitely motivation that I could do the same thing. It’s definitely motivation to keep working and that anything is possible,” he said.

Stephen Curry has already taken the family’s legacy to a new level with his historic season, and now the family is hoping he tops it off by hoisting the Larry O’Brien NBA championship trophy.

“That would be the icing on the cake,” Day said.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Adams is his mother side

kWlkGhR.jpg

Stephen Curry (front left) celebrated with his family Thursday night after the Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 4 of the NBA Finals. From left clockwise are Sydel Curry (sister), Dell Curry (father), Sonya Curry (mother), Riley Curry (daughter), Candy Adams (grandmother), Jill Adams (Cleive Adams’ wife), Ayesha Curry (wife) and Cleive Adams (uncle).

oLfseBt.jpg

Wesley Snell, Stephen Curry’s great-great-great grandfather, and his wife, Flora Etta Snell, moved to Radford around the turn of the 20th century. Wesley Snell worked for the Norfolk and Western Railway.

His mother's (Sonya) roots are in Virginia and here is her brother, Clevie Adams

His maternal grandmother, Candy Adams

F6pT2wM.jpg

yAR3Wf7.jpg

Candy Adams Pictures | Getty Images

You can't argue the word from the man's own mouth. He ain't black :manny:

see above

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
These nikkas are crazy af. I never heard this argument outside the net. @31Flavors @Redeem87 I honestly don't believe y'all are black. So neither of y'all have family members that are any complexion other than dark skinned? Y'all have never seen people related to each other be different shades?

My unc ,cousins ,grandma and my moms but I came out black you are what you look like

Point is some black americans do have mixed ancestry but my goal as a pro black man is to purify the race and my bloodline to undo the damage the one drop rule created because light skin is not black it is a result of mixed breeding

I'll stick have sex with women of different races but I wont procreate with them

History has shown by black people including light skin mixed people in our race results in genocide of our phenotype

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You just said it yourself, as of right now they have the numbers. They don't need to be inclusive as of right now. That'll change once Hispanics get their numbers up tho.

Why do you pretend that we haven't seen whites use the one drop rule to their advantage in other places like Brazil, South Africa, Australia, ect? Why do you pretend that white's didn't use the "mixed ain't black" train of thought to basically render the aborigines of Australia extinct? In those places whites pro created with blacks and deemed the mixed racial offspring as different from the darker blacks. They then privilege those mixed people over the darker skinned blacks in exchange for their allegiance to the status quo which is white supremacy.

the one drop use was MADE for whites to use as an advantage, it was never supposed to disadvantage them. it's black folks who fall into the trap of believing they should procreate with whites to avoid the harshness of white surpemacy. as for the privilege mixed folks have over dark skinned blacks, it already exist here, so what's your point?

The pretending is regarding mixed people being different from black.

it is different from black. sad how you cling so hard to white americans rules of classification. give me any other scenario where this would make sense. go pour half a cup of orange juice, and half a cup of coffee; then tell me it's still coffee. go mix half a cup of chocolate milk, with half a cup of piss; and tell me it's still chocolate milk.

We don't agree that what you call the one drop rule isn't beneficial tho.

what's beneficial about the one drop rule? how do blacks win from it?

The whole point here is that the issues you cited are worse in places outside of Amerikkka where they don't recognize your version of the ODR. Darker skinned blacks are a lot worse off in places like Brazil and South Africa in comparison to here in Amerikkka.

darker skinned blacks are doing worse in america as well, what's your point? it's no coincidence that mixed breeds are more likely to be married, more likely to be hired, and less likely to receive longer prison sentences.

I'm against IR and have no problem ostracizing those who choose to take non black mates. That has nothing to do with the biracial offspring themselves tho. I'm not going to hold a person's parents being a goon against them. I'm not going to deny reality either.

you're in a IR marriage :what: and yes, it has everything to do with the biracial offspring. how can you ostracize IR relationship but still allow society to boast their offspring as the best, brightest, and most attractive of your community.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:mjlol: well there goes @Gravity's defense

and you see how men like like stephen curry walk a fine line? he made sure to marry a woman that's biracial. for as much as these coli posters like to hail these dudes as militant. you'd think they would find the darkest woman available to breed out all that european ancestry; but instead, they choose to maintain their position in the black community.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
black/afram./colored/negro identified people with mixed phenotypes in the USA existed long before there was an official one drop rule
grand opening grand closing
These dudes know nothing about AA history and thus lack the ability to put this whole debate in its proper context
Nikkas think their personal, circa 2015, opinions matter on this subject:russ:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
see my latest post on his family/lineage..he was clearly being sarcastic
Its clear as day he has white on both sides, and identifies as some sort of "mix."

I'm not going to argue the words out of the man's own mouth.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Adams is his mother side

kWlkGhR.jpg

Stephen Curry (front left) celebrated with his family Thursday night after the Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game 4 of the NBA Finals. From left clockwise are Sydel Curry (sister), Dell Curry (father), Sonya Curry (mother), Riley Curry (daughter), Candy Adams (grandmother), Jill Adams (Cleive Adams’ wife), Ayesha Curry (wife) and Cleive Adams (uncle).

oLfseBt.jpg

Wesley Snell, Stephen Curry’s great-great-great grandfather, and his wife, Flora Etta Snell, moved to Radford around the turn of the 20th century. Wesley Snell worked for the Norfolk and Western Railway.

His mother's (Sonya) roots are in Virginia and here is her brother, Clevie Adams

His maternal grandmother, Candy Adams

F6pT2wM.jpg

yAR3Wf7.jpg

Candy Adams Pictures | Getty Images

see above

Oops