Why Do People Act Like Zelda Is Still Some Revolutionary Shyt?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
truth is zelda hasn't innovated since like 1998. breath of the wild looks about 2 generations behind in everything from graphics, animation, combat, its overly simplistic "survival" mechanics, sound design etc. people act like adding voice acting is a big deal, BREH :dahell: voice acting has been standard since the late 90's. why do journalists pretend zelda is still some revolutionary shyt, breaking new ground?

look at what naughty dog does with presentation (graphics, animation, voice acting, sound design). look at what ubisoft is doing with combat in 'for honor'. these are devs attempting to push the medium forward. nintendo's been :flabbynsick: for a minute. I feel like i'm watching the special olympics sometimes when I see ninetndo's mediocrity being rewarded with all these accolades & praise when their approach to game design is dated as fukk :scusthov:

SheriffOG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I've played 1 Zelda and played a bit of others and there is no difference. I just assume the fascination is fanboy shyt like the 200 Mario games, Street Fighter alpha alpha mega super special edition iterations and resident evil 10000 so I let them rock:manny: Nintendo is gonna die in the next few years anyway

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
nintendo is a niche audience that people grew out of ... its based on fantasy and for a younger generation

its only dying because the parents that grew up with it are upset and taking it from their kids

the magic behind it is for an open mind ... but now kids play their parents systems and games

the stories of old nintendo games were aimed at a younger childs psyche and it was magical

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
truth is zelda hasn't innovated since like 1998. breath of the wild looks about 2 generations behind in everything from graphics, animation, combat, its overly simplistic "survival" mechanics, sound design etc. people act like adding voice acting is a big deal, BREH :dahell: voice acting has been standard since the late 90's. why do journalists pretend zelda is still some revolutionary shyt, breaking new ground?

look at what naughty dog does with presentation (graphics, animation, voice acting, sound design). look at what ubisoft is doing with combat in 'for honor'. these are devs attempting to push the medium forward. nintendo's been :flabbynsick: for a minute. I feel like i'm watching the special olympics sometimes when I see ninetndo's mediocrity being rewarded with all these accolades & praise when their approach to game design is dated as fukk :scusthov:
because it's usually well made even if it is behind the times. Zelda has been coasting since Ocarina of Time when it comes to main line titles. The fanbase is very divided on Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Of the 3 Wind Waker was probably the best received.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
I want to support nintendo. I really do but after seeing their e3 and the zelda footage i know i won't anytime soon. That joint looks super boring...

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
because it's usually well made even if it is behind the times. Zelda has been coasting since Ocarina of Time when it comes to main line titles. The fanbase is very divided on Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword. Of the 3 Wind Waker was probably the best received.

Twilight Princess was :trash: all around

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And here we have the problem with gamers now a days.

shyt always got to be revolutionary, revolutionary stuff rarely gets the props they deserve outside of a handful of things.

Nintendo and blizzard and even apple succeed because they take the best elements of what everyone else is doing and combine it into what they are doing and then slap quality on it. Sometimes that actually leads to more revolutionary stuff sometimes it doesn't.

Overwatch is another great example of this

Game is basic at its core

But the quality and fun factor are through the roof, its apparent as soon as you spend anytime with the game.

Zelda looks to be the same way, there are a bunch of open world do stuff games. But the setting, music and over all quality I saw combined with an established brand sets it far apart from the rest.

Its also bright and happy looking which alot of games now just aren't. And even the ones that are suppose to be have a drowned out brightness.