Why do most people who are popular in high school turn out to be failures?

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Lol, yeah, I'm the one who's wondering why I turned out to be a failure. Not gonna toot my own horn, but trust, breh, Life is good :smugdraper:

nikka you only 20 :mjpls:

Please enlighten us on how you are head and shoulders above ya peers :comeon: ? You making 6 figures dog:gladbron:? You living by yaself:myman:? You smashing dimes on the reg:lawd:?

Or are you jus another regular negro who went off to a public univeristy in another city, who all of a sudden thinks he is in a different stratosphere than his homies in the hood? :rudy:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Remember, MOST not ALL

I'm only 20 and I'm already starting to see symptoms of this in most of my high school friends. Obviously they still have time to achieve shyt, but I'm already starting to see symptoms of this in a lot of my nikkas.

They don't. It's just a lie people who were geeks in high school make up to feel better about themselves.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
They don't. It's just a lie people who were geeks in high school make up to feel better about themselves.

But its really not though, trust me, I didn't believe it until I started seeing it myself. The thing is, these kids that I'm talking about are MY friends. The only difference between me and them is that they are doing the same exact shyt we were all doing in high school and I'm looking forward to the future. Not saying I'm smarter or more competent than any of them, but the difference in mentality makes it hard for us to hang out sometimes

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Or are you jus another regular negro who went off to a public univeristy in another city, who all of a sudden thinks he is in a different stratosphere than his homies in the hood? :rudy:

:snoop: Where did I claim to be head and shoulders above my peers? Duke tried to insinuate that this thread was secretly about me, then I denied it. Stop embarassing yourself. I'm not a success yet, but I'm well on my way to achieving my goals and I know what I'm capable of. A lot of my friends are just as capable, but it seems like they never moved beyond high school

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
I always felt like this was a bit of bullshyt. Like it was something people who were geeks said to make themselves feel better. Obviously there are people from both groups in high school that turned out to be successful and failures. But at least in my experience most of the popular kids are still doing pretty well.

:yeshrug:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
But its really not though, trust me, I didn't believe it until I started seeing it myself. The thing is, these kids that I'm talking about are MY friends. The only difference between me and them is that they are doing the same exact shyt we were all doing in high school and I'm looking forward to the future. Not saying I'm smarter or more competent than any of them, but the difference in mentality makes it hard for us to hang out sometimes

The popular kids at my school are on their way to college right now. The nikkas who were lames were mainly trailer park trash and mexicans who could barely speak english

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
I think it depends on what type of school you go to as well. If you have a school that has a pretty huge focus on academics then the popular kids are pretty focused on that as well. But say if you go to a school that maybe has a large focus on athletics but puts no money into scholastics then the thread starters sentiments might be more true. Aka small town and inner city schools.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Been out of high school for 3 years and most of my friends are on there way to getting there degrees i went home and saw some of the popular kids at home doing nothing with there life either went to college off a athletic scholarship and didn't finish school got kids or just didnt care to grow up :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
Yeah. I don't know any popular kids from high school who are bummed the fukk out. :yeshrug:

Edit: Actually, the popular kids are doing the BEST. D-1 football players, Wall Street, Ivy Leagues, big companies :ehh:

I have to agree. Those who applied themselves to academics are eating very well today. The football players are washed up though. A lot of them didn't go pro and ended up with degrees that are hard to market. They also didn't take advantage of the potential contacts. At the very least a coaching position, special teams or something.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
If you go to a school in the hood where the popular kids are wannabee thugs, then yea they'll most likely be losers.

If you go to a school in the burbs where the wannabee thugs are looked at as lames, and the popular kids are the ones who are nice as hell that everyone likes, then the statement is false.

Ginger

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
USA
Depends on how they got popular.

If they were popular because they had a smart mouth, never went to class & got high, then you already know why they are unsuccessful.

If they were popular because they were good looking, then they probably are still successful because good looking people usually get opportunities other people can't get.

If they were popular because they wore expensive clothes, then it can go either way. Rich parents can afford to give their kids a helping hand (I'm excluding the section 8 kids who could still somehow afford to always have the hottest clothes and look down on those who didn't).

If they were popular because they had a catchy/fun personality, then they are probably still successful because your personality can get you far.

It also depends on where you went to school and the race of the kids you went to high school with. Sometimes what's popular to most black kids is what's looked down upon by most white kids.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I went to high school in Cincy in the burbs, and that shyt is false. The most popular kids weren't popular because they were the most ratchet, ignorant nikkas like they were at my school in Memphis. They were usually smart and somewhat nice to everybody.

Co sign i went to memphis after highschool and craigmont and them uppty ass bartlett nikkas was eating off being ratchet