Why do most people who are popular in high school turn out to be failures?

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Remember, MOST not ALL

I'm only 20 and I'm already starting to see symptoms of this in most of my high school friends. Obviously they still have time to achieve shyt, but I'm already starting to see symptoms of this in a lot of my nikkas.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Things that are important as a child are not so when you are an adult with real irresponsibility. People who were cool in HS aren't also so because of their grades or study habits, its for superficial reasons that doesn't translate to success when somebody else isn't taking care of you.

You can feast off those former popular hs girls who are now average...but at 20...whats the point when you can bang drunk college girls.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
False. not in suburbia at least.

the popular kids usually go on to do pretty well. then again so do most of the "geeks". one of my former high school classmates is now an MSNBC politcal analyst with a best selling book. and she wasn't "popular" at all.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Im 29 and the top reasons I've noticed are

-having kids too early
-not going to college
-Drugs
-Loss of looks and/or Athletic ability

Alotta ppl in high school think they will age like wine so they become content when in reality u havent achieved shyt until u get out and make it in the real world.

Its sad but Some ppl were just meant to peak in high school

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
False. not in suburbia at least.
the popular kids usually go on to do pretty well.
Yeah. I don't know any popular kids from high school who are bummed the fukk out. :yeshrug:

Edit: Actually, the popular kids are doing the BEST. D-1 football players, Wall Street, Ivy Leagues, big companies :ehh:

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
the most successful people from my highschool are usually the regular friends that weren't the most book smart. lot of them started their own businesses.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Ugly duckling syndrome.

A lot of people who were homely/frumpy looking that became dimes/studs, for the most part, have retained their awesomer personalities (optimistic, sensible and great senses of humor to get pass the people who overlooked them because of their inner spirit and modest qualities).

Not getting that prom date. Never sitting with the cool crowd during lunch. Going to pep rallies and assemblies and looking out of place and awkward as fukk because you always commence to clapping prematurely. Shiit like that.

"Back then they didn't want me. Now i'm hot... i just need some air conditioning!!!"

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Ugly duckling syndrome.

A lot of people who were homely/frumpy looking that became dimes/studs, for the most part, have retained their awesomer personalities (optimistic, sensible and great senses of humor to get pass the people who overlooked them because of their inner spirit and modest qualities).

Not getting that prom date. Never sitting with the cool crowd during lunch. Going to pep rallies and assemblies and looking out of place and awkward as fukk because you always commence to clapping prematurely. Shiit like that.

"Back then they didn't want me. Now i'm hot... i just need some air conditioning!!!"

Definitely me. In high school I was fat and a little short, but I still got girls (albeit, not great ones) cuz I was funny and "sweet". Grew a couple of inches, got leaner, and I've had girls tell me I'm the total package :obama:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Ugly duckling syndrome.

:ahh: i love being the ugly duckling turned "hot swan". allowed me to develop an actual personality...booksmarts and humility. something a lot of "born hot" chicks just don't have.:win:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
:ahh: i love being the ugly duckling turned "hot swan". allowed me to develop an actual personality...booksmarts and humility. something a lot of "born hot" chicks just don't have.:win:

You're going to need to post pics to back that up.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
20 is to early to be calling these kind of shots plehboi.

A nikka can easily turn his life around and become a multi miillion dollar man, or a famous actor/actress, rapper, CEO etc.

Popularity or lack there of isnt a indicator of success in the real world. Hard work and discipline is.