Why Do Game Consoles COST SO MUCH?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
ive seen the NeoGeo brought up multiple times in this thread... talk about using an extreme...

1. It was the most expensive console of all time
2. it was also one of the biggest technology flops of all time

just cause something was a certain price, doesnt mean anyone bought that shyt, and thats why it failed.. you are only proving the point at hand..

using a product that failed completely, to make a point is truly :mindblown:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
you trying way too hard. :camby:

but I forgot you broke :francis:
You tried too hard with your Sf2 for $160 comment, exposing your Georgia tech education :scust:
nikkas buying $500-$1000 cellphones every year. Get all the way the fukk outta here
And this has been the narrative this gen, you should stop repeating things "they" created to get you to justify the prices :ufdup:

The second that bullshyt line was uttered nikkaz went :manny: by here's the problem with that. First off, just because you paid 1000 for a phone doesn't mean the average price paid is that much. Some phones are free, but you don't factor those or literally the majority of phone sales in your equation. Just the 1%, Thats no way to dictate prices on a video game console

Don't let me catch you doing that again lil K or I'll start calling you lil gay..

and it'll stick :merchant:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I mean consoles being expensive are justifiable now, we get free games online sometimes.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You tried too hard with your Sf2 for $160 comment, exposing your Georgia tech education :scust:

We close to the same age so you can easily run an inflation calculation on the price of SF2 when it dropped back in the early 90s. :ufdup:

That shyt was a hundred dollars when it dropped. One of my spoiled homies got that shyt day 1.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
ive seen the NeoGeo brought up multiple times in this thread... talk about using an extreme...

1. It was the most expensive console of all time
2. it was also one of the biggest technology flops of all time

just cause something was a certain price, doesnt mean anyone bought that shyt, and thats why it failed.. you are only proving the point at hand..

using a product that failed completely, to make a point is truly :mindblown:

I bought it and the first Neo CD console. J and L in China Town FTW!!

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We close to the same age so you can easily run an inflation calculation on the price of SF2 when it dropped back in the early 90s. :ufdup:

That shyt was a hundred dollars when it dropped. One of my spoiled homies got that shyt day 1.
I got it day 1, and it was 79.99 not 100 :ufdup:
And I remember that because the toys r us ticket I got it from, I remember all of that. I remember Capcom announcing the price and me having a sitdown with my mom like 6months in advance talking bout "look ma, this game coming out in 6months that I gotta have" and as long as my grades were up to par... Day 1 :win:

But that's neither here nor there, Georgia tech education = Strayer university

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Games may be more expensive to develop but isn’t it cheaper to produce/distribute now compared to cartridges? Plus more people are buying games, most of these publishers probably get tax credits, and of course you can make back 10x the profit on micros
For big selling franchise. But there is a reason why mid tier developers started to die out during the 360/PS3 era and also why big developers are picky about what games to develop.
Sure you got indie developers but the vast majority aren't hitting AA quality.