Why do (black) people keep saying "conversate"?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
:wtf:
chris-broussard-memphis.jpg

:pachaha:

Hahahahahah

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Why do black people say mine's instead of mine? And why do you say axe instead of ask?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The definition says "nonstandard". If you read what I just wrote, then you'd realize there's no contradiction between what I said and what the dictionary says.

This is argument is besides the point.

How do words get into the dictionary?

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
This is argument is besides the point.

How do words get into the dictionary?

Scholars decide what gets put into dictionaries. They also decide what is formally a word and what is simply a colloquialism or nonstandard verbiage. "Irregardless" is a word that bears a similar issue. While "irregardless" may technically be what you would call a word, it is not so in the sense that it is a) redundant as it has both a negative prefix and suffix and b) the word "regardless" precedes it and supersedes its use in formal conversation.

"Conversate" is a non-standard term and most spell-checks do not recognize it as a word.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Scholars decide what gets put into dictionaries. They also decide what is formally a word and what is simply a colloquialism or nonstandard verbiage. "Irregardless" is a word that bears a similar issue. While "irregardless" may technically be what you would call a word, it is not so in the sense that it is a) redundant as it has both a negative prefix and suffix and b) the word "regardless" precedes it and supersedes its use in formal conversation.

"Conversate" is a non-standard term and most spell-checks do not recognize it as a word.

Scholars:comeon:

The public decides what are words. If enough people use the word...its official.

Why didnt they decide "bling" was a world until america started using in abundance

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Scholars:comeon:

The public decides what are words. If enough people use the word...its official.

Why didnt they decide "bling" was a world until america started using in abundance

"The public" isn't what puts words into dictionaries. Nice try though. "The public" is, however, what influences what does go into the dictionary. I'll give you that much.

Besides, the only people using the "conversate" are blacks. Let's be real here. Do you think they'd take you serious in an interview for a very high knowledge job if you said "conversate" instead of converse? They'd think you're just a dumb nikka :mjpls: