Why didn't we get a Sammy Davis Jr. biopic when Tommy Davidson/Eddie Griffin were in there primes?

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
DC Young Fly?

tenor.gif
Give him a lil time breh.

Dude is talented.

Anyhoo.

Name a current comedian/entertainer that could pull off Sammy Davis?

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
I've never read his wiki but I've seen countless performances from him and he used comedy kind of in a monologue form like you would see from a late night host.
He definitely did like many other performers. My point is any actor could do that...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I've never read his wiki but I've seen countless performances from him and he used comedy kind of in a monologue form like you would see from a late night host.
Me too, I saw clips of his rat pack shows where they were basically telling jokes in between songs.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He definitely did like many other performers. My point is any actor could do that...
They are actors also and they were heavily influenced by him they know about his life inside and out. They would have murdered that shyt.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Don Cheadle was pretty good actually, but we need a better singer to really get it right.

Wayne Brady comes to mind when I think of a Sammy Davis Jr. ish act.

Doubt that he could pull it off because the resemblance is NOT there(or the acting skills).........also don't think that EG or TD have the acting chops to pull it off.
People saw Ray and under rate how good the script was and how great Jamie Foxx was.....it's not easy.

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Wayne Brady comes to mind when I think of a Sammy Davis Jr. ish act.

Doubt that he could pull it off because the resemblance is NOT there(or the acting skills).........also don't think that EG or TD have the acting chops to pull it off.
People saw Ray and under rate how good the script was and how great Jamie Foxx was.....it's not easy.

Yup Sammy was an old school entertainer. The only people who could come close are women like Whoopi and probably queen Latifah :yeshrug:... The men, Jamie foxx could do it but he don't have the look.