Why didn't we get a Sammy Davis Jr. biopic when Tommy Davidson/Eddie Griffin were in there primes?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Eddie Griffin was born for this role.

Only comedian thats coming up that looks remotely like him and could probably pull him off is DC Young Fly.
I think they both could have murdered it tommy has more of a similar frame and facial structure imo.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only comedian thats coming up that looks remotely like him and could probably pull him off is DC Young Fly.

DC Young Fly?

tenor.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I think Eddie Griffin was born for this role.

DC Young Fly?

tenor.gif
anyone who's catch phrase is " bring that ass here boy" :dame: should be not be starring in bio pic about a singer from Harlem.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
lol Sammy Davis Jr was not a comedian. I don't understand this thread at all...
:gucci:

Samuel George Davis Jr. (December 8, 1925 – May 16, 1990) was an American singer, musician, dancer, actor, vaudevillian and comedian.

Sammy literally did everything, and I mean literally literally. Every single form of perfomance entertainment. If he was alive today he probably would've dropped a rap album and did voice acting in a video game by now.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
:gucci:

Samuel George Davis Jr. (December 8, 1925 – May 16, 1990) was an American singer, musician, dancer, actor, vaudevillian and comedian.

Sammy literally did everything, and I mean literally literally. Every single form of perfomance entertainment. If he was alive today he probably would've dropped a rap album and did voice acting in a video game by now.

Yeah i think he just doesn't know the history lol.
Relax, I read his autobiography, ya'll read his wikipedia.

Sammy Davis Jr. was a dancer first, there is no reason a comedian would have to play him in a movie over just a talented actor. Only reason Eddie Griffin might work is cuz he can dance too. Thats why you got people in here suggesting DC Young Fly lol, cuz the premise is wrong.

Only reason ya'll brought those names up is cuz they liked to do impressions of Sammy, but so did Billy Crystal...sha boing boing man!

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Relax, I read his autobiography, ya'll read his wikipedia.

Sammy Davis Jr. was a dancer first, there is no reason a comedian would have to play him in a movie over just a talented actor. Only reason Eddie Griffin might work is cuz he can dance too.

Only reason ya'll brought those names up is cuz they liked to do impressions of Sammy, but so did Billy Crystal...sha boing boing man!
I've never read his wiki but I've seen countless performances from him and he used comedy kind of in a monologue form like you would see from a late night host.