Why didn't nobody tell me they had TVs with built in WiFi...

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
just get a Roku

I have over 800GB of media I play on my DLNA enabled tv

I got it hooked up thru ethernet cause sometimes the wifi gives me problems

I show off my shyt every chance I get seeing a bunch of movies and tv shows all at your finger tips

tv has Netflix, Amazon Prime, and some paid video services as well as Pandora and even websites but I never use that shyt besides the Netflix once in a while

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Having a Netflix button on ya remote is :ohlawd: tho

neg :ufdup:

what is wrong with this generation :francis:

The Netflix button is an advertisement masquerading as a product
Button of the month: the Netflix button on your TV remote

It’s a strange form of advertising, almost the opposite ethos of Amazon’s now defunct Dash buttons. Instead of a branded hardware button you’ve specifically chosen to get more of your favorite products in front of you, they’re hardware buttons that users have no choice in. Streaming buttons (for lack of a better term) cannot be changed or remapped beyond their intended purpose, only do one thing, take up useful space on your product, and solely exist to sell you on streaming services you might not even have. Or, at best, convince you to open up a streaming service you do.

Of course, there’s a simple explanation for it: it gets TV manufacturers money, and it gets streamers more subscribers and more watch time. Much like carrier bloatware or Intel Inside stickers, companies wouldn’t do these things if they weren’t profitable for manufacturers and beneficial to the brands paying for them.

But the Netflix button stands out to me in particular because it’s not just a bad piece of software that you have to delete or a sticker to peel off. It’s a physical part of your device — a piece of interactive advertising that you can’t disable or remove. Every time you turn on your TV, you are being reminded of whether you pay for Netflix. If you don’t, pressing the Netflix button will bring you to an otherwise worthless screen that tells you to subscribe.

The Netflix button is an advertisement masquerading as a product