Why didn't nobody tell me they had TVs with built in WiFi...

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have a sony that has Netflix built in but I don't even use it... Ps3 and Xbox have better apps for it :manny:

Having a Netflix button on ya remote is :ohlawd: tho

same here. but the sony netflix that's built into the tv works the same as the netflix thats built into ps3. only reason I always use the ps3 netflix app is cuz the sony remote is more cumbersome than the ps3 controller. otherwise the app itself in the tv works fine. same for youtube.

however, the chrome browser in the tv shyts all over the :trash: browser in the ps3.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
I have a Phillips Smart TV. The native apps aren't that great though. It's better to get a standalone box like a console or roku because they are faster and update often. It's a good feature tho.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I wasted money copping a smart tv last year :snoop:

I dont even use any of the apps and the only thing I do is stream from a external thats connect to my router

shyt is useless if you already own a roku,wd live plus,or apple tv(and I have all 3 :beli:)

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf:

dudes are in here bragging about 42 inch TVs and watching netflix in the living room?

Eoin

Pro
Daps
I'm thinking about getting one of these, but the uk Netflix is kinda lame.

How are the other features?

I been using the yiutube app on my 360 to watch thd subscribed battle raps.

I downloaded more four (channel over here) and tried to watch something, they showed 5 commercials before the show came on :scusthov:

change your DNS :noah:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Theres plenty of devices that do the apps and wifi, you dont need it on your tv. Plus the interface is pretty sluggish

Depends on the TV. The Viera's are pretty smooth as far as the UI goes. I haven't used the apps on my Sharp set at all though.

But the Viera is pretty nice with the DLNA. It plays mkvs from my Plex server. (it even previews the file when you hover over it) I can share pictures/music straight from my phone to the set. I haven't used Netflix on there, cause I have a PS3 hooked up to it as well, but I only have that in there because it plays blu-rays.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Let me tell y'all...instead of upgrading my tv last year I bought a Sony bluray player with Google TV built in...and never used cable after that. I either watched Netflix or rented/bought off of amazon instant. The controller is keyboard. Web browser, Google music, everything built in. I looked for the new version in best buy last week but I guess they discontinued it. Best purchase I ever made

I pretty much do this now. Cable is only needed for NBA/NFL games

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I wasted money copping a smart tv last year :snoop:

I dont even use any of the apps and the only thing I do is stream from a external thats connect to my router

shyt is useless if you already own a roku,wd live plus,or apple tv(and I have all 3 :beli:)

thanks for speaking truthfully on this

i dont pay for anything, rent anything, buy anything, i got my own sources :takedat:

so these 'smart tv' apps are just things you eventually have to pay for anyway then? cause the most i see mentioned is netflix, and i'm not trying to do any of that