Why did the Pusha T/Drake beef seem to get so much more attention than Budden/Drake?

Take_Note

All Star
Daps
Im just a casual hiphop follower so let me know where I'm incorrect

From what I understand, Drake threw shots at Joe Budden over Budden being critical of Views on his radio show. Budden has generally been pretty fair to Drake and given him props for his success and music, but on Views, Budden, as a rap critic, gave his legitimate opinion. Budden released Afraid (and maybe another diss track?) in response to the shots Drake threw at him.

I think Afraid is a pretty great diss track and here is where the point of this thread is. I don't understand why the Pusha T/Drake situation reached higher attention than Drake's issue with Budden BEFORE Pusha got into Drake's kid and the black face picture. What I mean is, before that diss track from Pusha T happened, it seemed like the issue between Pusha and Drake already got more attention than Budden's diss to Drake. Why is that? Pusha doesn't seem to be any more of a rap artist than Budden is (and maybe I'm really off on this).

I totally get how once Pusha released Adonis (revealing Drake has a baby and the situation behind that and the black face pic) the situation between Pusha and Drake got a ton of attention. But even before that, it seems people were giving this situation more attention than Budden ever got when he put out a pretty great (IMO) diss track to Drake

Am I wrong on how I perceive the situation? I just kind of feel Budden never gets the acknowledgment he deserves and I wonder why that is

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Budden destroyed drake with his diss tracks .
The thing is pusha saw how nobody cared for the bars .
That's why he took another route and attacked his character .
He threw the chatty patty shyt for shock value .

But if you really look at the diss it was his character he was attacking .

Every part of that diss was very carefully planned .
From the art work , beat and how he articulated his words .

I even posted how most of the lines in the song had double meanings .

To me the diss is actually unappreciated because people pay attention to the shock value shyt .

Grown man bars something you gotta deal with - Pusha T edition

Instead of joe budden breaking this down he choose to break down 8 out of 10 :heh:.

Pusha diss was potent ass fukk .

Joe diss was very good too he dismantled drake .

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Pusha T had an acclaimed album

Pusha T had the tea

Pusha T kept his bars simple and sweet but scathing

Joes shyt went hard but I had to listen multiple times to get how good it was

Plus the original making a murderer beat grew on me but was corny

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
What I mean is, before that diss track from Pusha T happened, it seemed like the issue between Pusha and Drake already got more attention than Budden's diss to Drake. Why is that? Pusha doesn't seem to be any more of a rap artist than Budden is (and maybe I'm really off on this).

Very. He's the president of G.O.O.D. Music, has done major features and sells enough to hit top 10 each album.

Budden's the exact opposite of that. Their beef didn't have the years long rivalry either.

i've always been a fan but i can definitely see a lot of people not fukking with his flow, delivery or beats on those disses.

Take_Note

All Star
Daps
I see. I'm really off on understanding how big of a deal Pusha T is. I don't know the genre well enough or the artists in it. The situation makes a lot more sense now

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Cause Pusha's infrared diss was on a critically acclaimed album. No one in the media saw it coming and once it hit they couldn't act like they never heard it.

Whereass Joe's series of disses had to stand on their own. Media could chose not to pay attention

The funny thing is Joe is a Dark Mirror of Drake in every category of their respective backgrounds so a beef between them would've been perfect, If Drake woulda took the bait

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Because Drake replied with an entire record

The only correct answer

The general public didn’t care about infrared. Duppy is what caught people’s attention, and Pusha ended it with Story of Adidon

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Drake responded.

Duppy Freestyle is a Pusha T diss track. Same way Back to Back was a Meek Mill diss track. Although Drake never mentions names in his diss tracks, he's talking directly to Pusha (He's not talking to Kanye). Even producing the invoice will garner attention.

No Shopping was a few subs and he kept it moving.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Nobody was mad that Drake started shyt with Joe and refused to respond after he got “ethered” on record.

Dude never responded to Common after Sweet either.

There’s been a pattern but this Pusha shyt really got men in their feelings for some reason.

Drake always throws rocks, hides his hand and goes back to making hits.

Y’all thought Pusha was gonna end him but it’s business as usual.