Why did Groove Theory only put out 1 album?

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
They signed for a two option deal

and the label declined to pick up the second option (album) for release

because they seen Amel as being more marketable as a solo artist instead of being tied to the duo Groove Theory

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The problem was Amel wanted to into go into more of a pure R&B sound as apposed to the sort of club/house infusion that that album was on. She was looking ahead instead of trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Her husband Laru took over after the Groove Theory album and became her manager and producer. Wanted her to go solo.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't peep this interview until this year but Bryce Wilson discusses the group here, also mentions that the original concept of Groove Theory was that it was going to be him working with different singers for each project

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I loved Groove Theory just like all of y’all but I wish Amel’s Career was more talked about than just Groove Theory. That woman dropped like 5 albums since then and they were all good to me.

She’s should’ve had a Sade like career:mjcry:

I feel like Solange (among others) took her style and had more success than her as of late

regardless people who know really respect amel as an artist

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Think it had something to do with Bryce and Amel having some love conundrum if I remember correctly. They partially recorded a second album too I think

lol

i remember the 2nd video was basically saying "we are NOT a couple", with the way it was directed.

maybe they started messin with each other after that.:heh: