why did arcade gaming die out in america??

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
when it got to the point where the graphics were the same or better than the arcade (time crisis anyone) then people were like why the fukk would I keep traveling, maybe waiting in line, and tossing money for lives when I could just play this in the comfort of my own home at the cost of one upfront fee.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having some arcade games in my game room just to have the arcade feel.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt add in the fact that people can play online in most games and it's little to know point anymore.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
when it got to the point where the graphics were the same or better than the arcade (time crisis anyone) then people were like why the fukk would I keep traveling, maybe waiting in line, and tossing money for lives when I could just play this in the comfort of my own home at the cost of one upfront fee.

That being said, I wouldn't mind having some arcade games in my game room just to have the arcade feel.

This is the real reason right here, once consoles caught up in graphics it was over.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
I miss the arcade environment, though ...

There's nothing like feeding off people's reactions when you're whooping ass or sending someone away with their tail tucked between their legs :banderas:

And all the people crowding around the machine trying to see what's happening :krs:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

There's nothing like feeding off people's reactions when you're whooping ass or sending someone away with their tail tucked between their legs :banderas:

And all the people crowding around the machine trying to see what's happening :krs:

The good ol days:to:

Amulet of Immortality

Lost time is never found again
Daps
Reppin
Behind the Light

This dude was spending like 30 dollars to beat this other guy in MK3. He was getting dominated by Cyrax every time. Then he got pissed after losing for the 30th time and came back with a gun and held the dude up :dead:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They're dying everywhere.

Why spend the gas/money to go to an arcade when you can get the same/better graphics on a home console and play online? It's just not a good deal anymore. :manny: