Why Biz Markie Gets a Pass from being corny?

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Funny thing about this thread being made is Picking Boogers, along with Nobody Beats The Biz and Make The Music With Your Mouth, were certified club bangers when it came out in 88

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Biz was one of the first, if not the first, person to come up with the ill samples on his album "The Biz never sleeps". Every song on there was banging. He was a rapper that wasn't serious but was serious because he played a lot in his rhymes BUT his songs and albums were put together professionally. How could you not like these songs:

Mudd Foot

The Dragon

A Thing Named Kim

Biz's beats were the epitome of the NYC hip hop sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old school hip-hop fans don't care about the same things that rap nerds care about. Everything ain't about multis and "deep" lyrics and shyt like that. He had dope beats and a unique character on the mic, and made some good records... so he got love.

how do yall think biz markie would be perceived if he came out today? n!ggas, including me, would tear him apart, purists would say he's what's wrong with hip hop. back then duke was just the man tho, ha. spittin that sh!t was so unimportant back then, thats why nigs looked at ra and g like they had 3 heads

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do yall think biz markie would be perceived if he came out today? n!ggas, including me, would tear him apart, purists would say he's what's wrong with hip hop. back then duke was just the man tho, ha. spittin that sh!t was so unimportant back then, thats why nigs looked at ra and g like they had 3 heads

I don't know because he can make SONGS that are not complex and they BUMP. He would be well liked by a lot of people who just like music BUT A LOT would be laughing at him because you have to be a pretty boy killer with 100 kilos in the closet now or be the best battle rapper with triple entendres but your song has no story line or your beat sounds like my niece did it with 808's everywhere and distorting like crazy to someone who has an ear for music.

Listen to the stories he has:
Young Girl Bluez

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease: I use to do the wop to Picking Boogers as a lil kid
i could just slap the thread starter with a booga on my hand.......smh...........

u from newark fam so you should remember when biz used to dj at aleganza or that skate rink in elizabeth i think twin city.....nikkaz dont know biz was one of the illest club djs for a hot minute

Daps
Old school hip-hop fans don't care about the same things that rap nerds care about. Everything ain't about multis and "deep" lyrics and shyt like that. He had dope beats and a unique character on the mic, and made some good records... so he got love.

This for every Nas thread, every real hip hop thread, every GOAT argument, everything related to being a pompous hip hop stan forever.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
i could just slap the thread starter with a booga on my hand.......smh...........

u from newark fam so you should remember when biz used to dj at aleganza or that skate rink in elizabeth i think twin city.....nikkaz dont know biz was one of the illest club djs for a hot minute

Yep and Sensations on Brandford Pl. He also use to DJ at the Zoo Crew cookouts on Chadwdikk ave during the summer time. :yes: I don't think he DJ at Twin City? Speaking of Twin City, that use to be on the borderline of Newark and Elizabeth. Them nikkas from Dayton St PJ's use to wild out in there lol

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we get some albums uppppppped please!>>>>

1st album I ever stole was Biz Markie.....right out of Pathmark. Lol!!!!!!!!

Somebody spread some of these classic albums por favor

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
All rap before Nuthing But a G thing was whick whick whack and holds up terribly. True Story :usure: