Why Are Waves So Special In The Black Community?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was in class yesterday wondering about this. Why is it a good thing to have waves? What purpose do they even serve? My ways are nice, but I don't know why people like them and why black men with short hair say you have good hair if you have waves? Is it self hatred?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I was in class yesterday wondering about this. Why is it a good thing to have waves? What purpose do they even serve? My ways are nice, but I don't know why people like them and why black men with short hair say you have good hair if you have waves? Is it self hatred?

Good hair is the key word. Waves signify that you don't have "nappy" "black" hair. It is definitely related to the hate of naps and things related to being black or African.

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That ish just looks good , when I walk in to work wit them 360s on swim nizzas be like damn bru what u got in there that sporting waves lol.. C@cs be like :skip: wow do you cut your hair like that.

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought in order to get waves u had to have nappy hair tho? :patrice:

Hmm this argument has always confused me. :huh:

The nappier the better , waves aren't a self hate thing to me it's totally a black thing look at the videos c@cs be killin they selves for a wave man! It's another thing they can't but would love to steal

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
It takes too long to maintain, can't be brushing evey waking second

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
To me it shows that you maintain and take care of your hair. But I know plenty of cats that wake up in the morning and don't brush their hair at all.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Good hair is the key word. Waves signify that you don't have "nappy" "black" hair. It is definitely related to the hate of naps and things related to being black or African.
But you have to have a black man's hair texture to have waves :what:

White, Hispanic and Asian men can't get waves it's a black hairstyle so how is it self hatred :wtf:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
But you have to have a black man's hair texture to have waves :what:

White, Hispanic and Asian men can't get waves it's a black hairstyle so how is it self hatred :obamaohhh:

Dude. Do a simple google search related to different hair textures. Common sense would tell you that black people come with different hair textures (some more kinky and harder to curl and wave than others). Is that not common sense AAking23?

Have you NEVER heard of the term good hair regard to softer AA hair that curls and waves. This isn't even a black man issue so don't even try to turn it into one. There are just as many black women online trying to find every product to make their NATURAL hair look curly when in reality it will never be curly in the good hair sense. They don't want African looking hair nor do a lot of black men. Let's not be glib.

If you don't want to have a real conversation that includes some common sense and not the typical I just want to argue with anything that Kenya says because Kenya said, then don't quote me.