Why are people so embarrassed of Disco?

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was Midwestern and conservative self righteous CACs that brought down disco. Disco is the shyt! I fukks with it.

THIS. Basically was a ploy by the right trying to promote values on one side and the white Rock and Roll industry on the other. MTV(originally a rock station) and major rock radio played a huge part in it as well. Too many gays and black people going mainstream thanks to disco. Urban Contemporary came out of it and became more segregated again. Sad, because musically, disco was outstanding. Many very technical songs and was really an evolution in the sound of black music. That evolution continued, but never reached that sophistication again.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:mj:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ligIq6o0rUU]TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) [Original 12" Version] - MFSB featuring The Three Degrees (1974) - YouTube[/ame]

Jeffrey Osborne, Da Gawd!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
YOU CAN'T CALL YOURSELF A B-BOY OR FAN OR STUDENT OF HIP HOP IF YOU ARE EMBARRASED OF DISCO........MOST IF NOT ALL THE BREAKS AND SAMPLES COME FROM THE GENRE OF DISCO

DJ HOLLYWOOD, EDDIE CHEEBA, DJ PETE JONES, MOBAYA all known as the first wave of HIP HOP DEEJAYS prior to KOOL HERC all played DISCO RECORDS

Matter of fact...you had DISCO WIZ the puerto rican hip hop deejay and the FATBOYS were known as the DISCO THREE

And according to Afrika Bambatta....THAT IS BASICALLY WHAT A HIP HOP DEEJAY PLAYED DURING THE TRUE SCHOOL ERA..."DISCO"!

Groove Music:The Art and Culture of the Hip-Hop DJ - Mark Katz - Google Books

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
THIS. Basically was a ploy by the right trying to promote values on one side and the white Rock and Roll industry on the other. MTV(originally a rock station) and major rock radio played a huge part in it as well. Too many gays and black people going mainstream thanks to disco. Urban Contemporary came out of it and became more segregated again. Sad, because musically, disco was outstanding. Many very technical songs and was really an evolution in the sound of black music. That evolution continued, but never reached that sophistication again.

Pretty much sums it up, Disco went out of style once people began to over commercialize it and water down its essential core values.nThis sort of begat the sort of corny syrupy R and B of the early 80's.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ

Pretty much sums it up, Disco went out of style once people began to over commercialize it and water down its essential core values.nThis sort of begat the sort of corny syrupy R and B of the early 80's. But indeed without Disco hip-hop would have never came about, because that was the underground music of the early-mid 70's.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Embarassed? I personally love it.

^ Looks fun as hell. I love everything about this scene. Vapid? Decadent? Irresponsible? So what? Only cacs hate to see people having fun.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
YOU CAN'T CALL YOURSELF A B-BOY OR FAN OR STUDENT OF HIP HOP IF YOU ARE EMBARRASED OF DISCO........MOST IF NOT ALL THE BREAKS AND SAMPLES COME FROM THE GENRE OF DISCO

DJ HOLLYWOOD, EDDIE CHEEBA, DJ PETE JONES, MOBAYA all known as the first wave of HIP HOP DEEJAYS prior to KOOL HERC all played DISCO RECORDS

Matter of fact...you had DISCO WIZ the puerto rican hip hop deejay and the FATBOYS were known as the DISCO THREE

And according to Afrika Bambatta....THAT IS BASICALLY WHAT A HIP HOP DEEJAY PLAYED DURING THE TRUE SCHOOL ERA..."DISCO"!

Groove Music:The Art and Culture of the Hip-Hop DJ - Mark Katz - Google Books

:whoa:

http://www.cratekings.com/the-30-greatest-hip-hop-drum-breaks-samples-of-all-time/

A lot of famous beat breaks come from Funk/Rock
Disco is cool,I prefer the Funk Sound a little more though.
I see some acts I've got to get up on in this thread.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
i'm not embarrassed by disco, i just think the overall sound is is too bubbly for me. some tracks are ill, but overall... i hate that shyt, funk and soul>>>>>>>>>>

a few hip hop 'hit maker" producers, wouldnt be shyt if it weren't for disco breaks

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:eat:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKOY6xpir90"]First choice- Let no man put us under - YouTube[/ame]

^^Became a 'House' anthem, but was originally a HUGE disco hit.