Why are people so embarrassed of Disco?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
There was NOTHING wrong with soulful disco..u know how many fukkin classic records and groups came from disco?....shyt...Off the Wall was mostly disco and it was MJ's best album to me....

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
disco is GOAT and I make sure I remind people online about that shyt every so often

literally the happiest music ever

Last edited by a moderator:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
1. Because Disco was dance music. People don't dance no mo', all they do is this. All they do is this. All they do is this.

2. Like other dude said in here, Disco was a fad. It came and went. As with all things that come and go, it is embarrassing if you was down with it. For example, I know some of y'all niccas got a fanny pack somewhere. And POGs.

(note to self: name next mixtape "Pogs to PAWGs".)

3. Like another dude said in here, it became closely associated with gays.

I mean come on - this song SLAP, but Sylvester was a straight-up 'mo (don't ask me how).

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I was just talking about this the other day. Except I want a return of a Disco/Funk/Soul/Dance (Pop). I'm thinking a sound that's a combination of Sylvester's You Make Me Feel, Stephanie Mills on Never Knew A Love/Put Your Body In It, Phyllis Hyman's Under Your Spell/You Know How to Love Me, and Cameo's Candy. Three aren't even disco acts but have done disco songs while being jazz, r&b/soul, pop, and/or funk artists.

There's an audience for it. There are acts who don't even make new music and cake strictly off performing their (and other's) old songs from this era.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Disco gets played all the time on black oldies stations. Who cares what them white people this is corny.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
:ahh:......My third-favorite genre of music. It went 'out' because Rock fans/artists got jealous of disco's popularity and started a 'smear' campaign. So, basically, 'White' people killed disco.....or at least they think they did. It just 'mutated' into Dance, Hip Hop, Techno and House.

I saw some tracks in here that aren't technically 'disco' but actually 'funk', but the genres overlapped quite a bit due to artists like Rick James, Chic and the Pointer Sisters.

Let me show you what got played in my house when I was little.......

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35HTPHOXwis"]Rick James - Throwin Down - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDU6K02igoU"]The Pointer Sisters - Automatic - YouTube[/ame]

Bernard Edwards created the GREATEST basslines in the history of music, IMO......

This is like one of my all-time favorites, written by Kid Creole.....

:mj:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks