Why are men so petty when it comes to female appearance?

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I seen several instances on this site and off this site where men toss women for the most pettiest shyt.
That Janelle Monae Thread,
Dudes in that thread are talking about "now that she lost her tux she's fine" on some dumb shyt.
She has the same face, body, make up and hair but the tux is was the crux of her unattractiveness ?:what:
She looks much better without the weirdo unisex outfits
Got 13 daps

Another example in a Lupita thread,
Dudes called a clearly attractive female "ugly" because she has a short hairstyle.
nah. lupita has man shoulders and a fade.
short= male and long hair= female are social beauty constructs and mainly European based ones. Almost everyones hair grows at the same rate.

That degrassi thread...
They make Imogen look goofy and crazy on the show. In reality, she's sexy as hell.
imogen-1-dge.jpg
tumblr_meh865UZaV1rr8etno1_500.png

:what:Even I can see this girl is attractive with or without glasses and hair changes but for some guys they act like it's a drastic change because a woman has on glasses and a ponytail.

I'm female and I can tell these females are attractive either way yet very small meaningless cosmetic,fashion, hair, or accessory changes send these nikkas over the edge.:dahell:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I seen several instances on this site and off this site where men toss women for the most pettiest shyt.
That Janelle Monae Thread,
Dudes in that thread are talking about "now that she lost her tux she's fine" on some dumb shyt.
She has the same face, body, make up and hair but the tux is was the crux of her unattractiveness ?:what:

Got 13 daps

Another example in a Lupita thread,
Dudes called a clearly attractive female "ugly" because she has a short hairstyle.

short= male and long hair= female are social beauty constructs and mainly European based ones. Almost everyones hair grows at the same rate.

That degrassi thread...

:what:Even I can see this girl is attractive with or without glasses and hair changes but for some guys they act like it's a drastic change because a woman has on glasses and a ponytail.

I'm female and I can tell these females are attractive either way yet very small meaningless cosmetic,fashion, hair, or accessory changes send these nikkas over the edge.:dahell:
If a dime has weird pointy elbows
Automatic point loss

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
Don't even think this is strictly a man thing, although we probably do it more. I find women can be equally as petty if not more about how other women look, probably for different reasons. Same about men's looks.

With men, I speculate that because some are heavily invested in their perception of things that we like to project it onto others.

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
The real question is why do women project so much?

You know damn well you're the shallowest gender. The difference between a guy getting treated like a king or a leper is usually a few inches, a nicer car, a cooler job.

Yes monae does look better dressed as a woman. What woman wouldn't?

It's not like dudes are gonna treat her vastly different because she changed her outfit or took off her glasses. We're just saying she looks better.

Women are the shallower gender, I know this as a once good looking dude.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps

You know damn well you're the shallowest gender. The difference between a guy getting treated like a king or a leper is usually a few inches, a nicer car, a cooler job.

It's not like dudes are gonna treat her vastly different because she changed her outfit or took off her glasses. We're just saying she looks better.

what happened? :lupe:

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
what happened? :lupe:

Stress diet hairline. Plus as I got older my subpar height began to matter more. I'm still attractive but I don't elicit that :gladbron: Reaction I used to get.

What's up with girls being so obsessed with height lately. It's like a bomb went off. I distinctly remember it not mattering a few years ago.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Stress diet hairline. Plus as I got older my subpar height began to matter more. I'm still attractive but I don't elicit that :gladbron: Reaction I used to get.

What's up with girls being so obsessed with height lately. It's like a bomb went off. I distinctly remember it not mattering a few years ago.

idk. maybe it's just a phase.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Of course they do, they're girls. I'm 5'8 and I'm going on a date with a guy that's 5'6 :manny:
Then again I'm a personality + intellect > looks type of lady

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
Of course they do, they're girls. I'm 5'8 and I'm going on a date with a guy that's 5'6 :manny:

I think I'm about 5'8' myself. What's it like dating a shorter dude? Be honest it feels a little odd doesn't it

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps

Monae has dressed in a feminine style for her entire career. That "tux" was a traditional feminine fit and style. Plus what is dressed as a woman supposed to mean? If she's not in heels or a dress then she's not dressed as a woman?

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps

I think I'm about 5'8' myself. What's it like dating a shorter dude? Be honest it feels a little odd doesn't it

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
Monae has dressed in a feminine style for her entire career. That "tux" was a traditional feminine fit and style. Plus what is dressed as a woman supposed to mean? If she's not in heels or a dress then she's not dressed as a woman?

Pretty much. The feminists lied to u brehette. Girls look prettier wearing girl clothes.

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Honestly, it doesn't really bother me because I'm used to being a little taller than guys I went to school with and shyt. I mean we spend most of our lives sitting so what diff does it make standing beside a person for a few minutes or whatever.

I went out with a guy a few times, he's about 5'4 and I felt a little odd ONLY because I had to bend to hug him but besides that we clicked, he got my sense of humor so that's that really mattered lol.