Why are "gamers" so angry and hyperbolic?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
On this forum specifically...do you think anyone is legitimately mad?
I personally don’t think so. We say stuff like “you’re mad” / “you’re furious” / “Stan” all in jest.

The regulars on here can correct me if I’m wrong.
@MeachTheMonster @Fatboi1 @Rekkapryde @PS4 @Grand Conde @MidniteJay @Mowgli @-DMP- @Hi-Fi @Hiphoplives4eva
among a bunch others...

Have any of you ever felt a real type of way about these posts? I’m not tryna be funny right now. 100% of the time I say something like “these dummies/morons/stans” whatever, I’m joking. I may like what I like but all the disses are just to be silly. At the end of the day I seriously don’t care in the real world what games or consoles you guys like. I joke with people on here the way I would joke with my friends when I was a kid. This is just playground talk to me. In DM’s some of us have had some really real conversations. Out in the public is fisticuffs on sight though.

Nah never got tight over the clown shyt in here. TLOU2 release had me looking at some posters funny though. :francis: Had to throw a few dudes I thought were cool on the ignore list for a bit because of how they were acting. Never seen anything like it, I don't waste energy on games I hate or bytch up threads about them.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I personally don’t think so. We say stuff like “you’re mad” / “you’re furious” / “Stan” all in jest.

@MeachTheMonster @Fatboi1 @Rekkapryde @PS4 @Grand Conde @MidniteJay @Mowgli @-DMP- @Hi-Fi @Hiphoplives4eva
among a bunch others...

Have any of you ever felt a real type of way about these posts? I’m not tryna be funny right now. 100% of the time I say something like “these dummies/morons/stans” whatever, I’m joking. I may like what I like but all the disses are just to be silly. At the end of the day I seriously don’t care in the real world what games or consoles you guys like. I joke with people on here the way I would joke with my friends when I was a kid. This is just playground talk to me. In DM’s some of us have had some really real conversations. Out in the public is fisticuffs on sight though.
can't tell me with some of the beatings @Mowgli puts on people in tekken he ain't got hate in his heart

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

among a bunch others...

I hate losing and enjoy Punishing my enemies which is everyone who faces me

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

among a bunch others...

I been talking shyt online since I was 17 and before that talking shyt in real life since kindergarten....

Iss juss natural for me at this point. I don't know any other way.

I guess it's um, anti social behavior.

If u not with the banter , go hop upside down in a hamper

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Got it for Christmas, played the hell out of CoD2. That was the "pwned" era. :yeshrug:

The culture hadn't shifted yet. Games like Assassin's Creed 1 and Oblivion were considered masterpieces and must play experiences. YouTube was in it's infant stages.
The first Xbox was a cesspool of shyt talk
Same shyt for 360.

Iss always been this way

Dudes blowing off steam talking shyt

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

among a bunch others...

I'm not gon lie some posts on here at times had me like "this dude is SO stupid smh" and I would start responding to them only for them to continue on with the act and at the end of it I'd feel like I wasted a bunch of time talking and putting energy into something that accomplished nothing.

Talking on here about things is just not as effective as talking in real life. I don't really care about who likes what and all that but sometimes it doesn't appear so because if you start to type out a lengthy message someone assumes you're mad lol. I've gotten mad from other bullshyt outside of here in TLR in the past hence why I don't even click on that subforum anymore as it's just toxic waste and way too much negativity and drama which I don't feel like even entertaining.

There ARE a few cats on here that I KNOW have legitimately gotten TIGHT and were for real screaming or banging their keyboards just because they were typing in all caps and were typing out cuss words and all that :laff:
”susjoven” is one of them :mjlol: Dude completely flipped out over the dumbest shyt not too long ago .:russ:

You can't communicate effectively on here. When you try to be serious, dudes troll and or claim you're mad, when you joke they say you are a troll so it's like fukk it :yeshrug: I've been trying to just stop arguing with cats on here as it's a waste of time and energy because 99% of the time you not going to change their opinion or mind about something hence why I find these arguments at the end of it so funny in retrospect. Everyone just tries to outsmart each other and get the last word in but sometimes it's just not worth it to respond. I've let some discussions go as I know the other person wouldn't stop and would feel like going back and forth so I just deliberately stopped responding which would make me look like I "lost" which I found was stupid in the sense that I don't know none of these dudes really :mjloll:

You'd think after all this time we'd have convinced @MeachTheMonster the Playstation is the correct way to go :wow:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The first Xbox was a cesspool of shyt talk
Same shyt for 360.

Iss always been this way

Dudes blowing off steam talking shyt

You mean online lobbies, yeah it was like that on there. I was talking about forums and gaming sites. Online lobbies been full of nikkas talking shyt from day 1, like the dreamcast.

I don't think OP was talking about dudes just talking shyt in lobbies. They talking about the dudes that will go on a 30 paragraph essay rant about some shyt on a forum or gaming site or multiple day back and forth argument on youtube comments.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You mean online lobbies, yeah it was like that on there. I was talking about forums and gaming sites. Online lobbies been full of nikkas talking shyt from day 1, like the dreamcast.

I don't think OP was talking about dudes just talking shyt in lobbies. They talking about the dudes that will go on a 30 paragraph essay rant about some shyt on a forum or gaming site or multiple day back and forth argument on youtube comments.
O.

Same culture spilling over.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don’t think “angry” is the word.

More like toxic, pessimistic, negative.

Dudes go out of their way to clown and be negative about almost everything on here.

Can get exhausting if you’re actually trying to have productive convo.

But I’ve come to realize that’s just how it is around here, nothing you can do about it.:manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Nah never got tight over the clown shyt in here. TLOU2 release had me looking at some posters funny though. :francis: Had to throw a few dudes I thought were cool on the ignore list for a bit because of how they were acting. Never seen anything like it, I don't waste energy on games I hate or bytch up threads about them.

this so much.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don’t think “angry” is the word.

More like toxic, pessimistic, negative.

Dudes go out of their way to clown and be negative about almost everything on here.

Can get exhausting if you’re actually trying to have productive convo.

But I’ve come to realize that’s just how it is around here, nothing you can do about it.:manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Don’t like don’t buy it’s just that simple but I realized most gamers doing the crying are 2 things:

a) don’t really play a assortment of games like some of us

b) they’re whiny, and self entitled to begin with
Yup, dudes play 3-4 games per year and just spend the rest of their time hating on anything that’s not those few games:beli:

For the rest of us, gaming is a beautiful thing in 2020. So much to play, so much to be excited about. I don’t even understand how you spend time being disappointed/upset.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Yup, dudes play 3-4 games per year and just spend the rest of their time hating on anything that’s not those few games:beli:

For the rest of us, gaming is a beautiful thing in 2020. So much to play, so much to be excited about. I don’t even understand how you spend time being disappointed/upset.
Facts