Why are "gamers" so angry and hyperbolic?

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Like damn are folks lives so damn miserable where this is their only outlet so they put all they damn energy into this hobby?

What is wrong with people? I enjoy casually playing games when I can.

I'm not about to get angry and turn into a 8 year old cac when I see something I don't like.

shyt is weird and makes having any discussions online a truly horrid experience.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Like damn are folks lives so damn miserable where this is their only outlet so they put all they damn energy into this hobby?

I'm not about to get angry and turn into a 8 year old cac when I see something I don't like.

shyt is weird and makes any have discussions online a truly horrid experience.
games supposed to be fun but when I look online it looks like torture to a lot :russ:

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Cause EA, 2K, Activision, and Ubisoft just to name a few are insufferable as fukk

I know it's a lot of great games to play, but those companies have legit legacies with the biggest fan and player bases. they should be releasing games like nintendo but they make billions of dollars and just take a shyt, it's got people riles df up.

I don't remember gamers being like this before this generation of gaming honestly, shyt seemed cool all the way up to like 2015-16

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

shyt is weird and makes having any discussions online a truly horrid experience.
What hobbies are you that passionate about

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don't remember gamers being like this before this generation of gaming honestly, shyt seemed cool all the way up to like 2015-16

This is what I came in here to say. It wasn't until just a few years ago when it was like this. Back when nikkas was just on gameFAQs and shyt trying figure out how to get past a part they were stuck on it wasn't all this drama and hatred towards games or gamers. I think the twitch/youtube gamers shifted the culture.

Plus a lot of new gamers don't know what old games were like, so they automatically take this new revolutionary shyt for granted.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This is what I came in here to say. It wasn't until just a few years ago when it was like this. Back when nikkas was just on gameFAQs and shyt trying figure out how to get past a part they were stuck on it wasn't all this drama and hatred towards games or gamers. I think the twitch/youtube gamers shifted the culture.

Plus a lot of new gamers don't know what old games were like, so they automatically take this new revolutionary shyt for granted.
Where were you when Xbox 360 came out

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Where were you when Xbox 360 came out

Got it for Christmas, played the hell out of CoD2. That was the "pwned" era. :yeshrug:

The culture hadn't shifted yet. Games like Assassin's Creed 1 and Oblivion were considered masterpieces and must play experiences. YouTube was in it's infant stages.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

On this forum specifically...do you think anyone is legitimately mad?
I personally don’t think so. We say stuff like “you’re mad” / “you’re furious” / “Stan” all in jest.

The regulars on here can correct me if I’m wrong.
@MeachTheMonster @Fatboi1 @Rekkapryde @PS4 @Grand Conde @MidniteJay @Mowgli @-DMP- @Hi-Fi @Hiphoplives4eva
among a bunch others...

Have any of you ever felt a real type of way about these posts? I’m not tryna be funny right now. 100% of the time I say something like “these dummies/morons/stans” whatever, I’m joking. I may like what I like but all the disses are just to be silly. At the end of the day I seriously don’t care in the real world what games or consoles you guys like. I joke with people on here the way I would joke with my friends when I was a kid. This is just playground talk to me. In DM’s some of us have had some really real conversations. Out in the public is fisticuffs on sight though.