Why are Black people so passionate about Intergration and dining with Whites?

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
All thru the civil rights movement, seems like Black were dying to be near and mix with Whites :what:

Is it really that bad having our own fountains, hotels and restaurants? Our own doctors and lawyers? Our doctors and lawyers are just as good as there's, if not better. :Cochran: I'm sure our hotels and restaurants could be just as prestigious as theirs. I'm sure if we would have did our own thing like Malcolm X suggested, whites and other races would be dying to come. Just like in Harlem back in the day and in HipHop. We're very creative and innovative people, seems like when we integrated we lost a lot of motivation to build our own stuff. If we wouldve never integrated i'm sure we'd be better off, and there would be a lot more Black owned places.

I was thinking about the incident in NC, were a few Blacks weren't allowed to dine in this majority white diner. So? I never want to be in a city or place were they don't want m or my money. I think business owners should be able to allow or refuse to not service whoever they want.

MLK feared he was leading his people into a burning house. We've only gotten pimped and played since integration. Overcharged, high interest loans, trickery. Most horrible and damaging, false sense of acceptance, stability and respect.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't necessarily that we were separate, it was more so the white man had the power to make us separate. Plus, it wasn't like segregation was the only 'problem' we had with whites, they were killing us left and right. So with the 'equality' of not getting beaten and killed, the right to frequent white establishments was part of the deal. But overall, I agree. integration was the WORST thing to happen to Blacks in America after slavery.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
I think Black people during the Civil Rights Movement were soldiers to the truest since. MLK with the help from Whites had a louder voice than Malcolm. Leading most of our soldiers to follow a man with a plan not as well thought out as Malcolm's. Malcolm was a very deep thinking intelligent man. He knew mixing with your opressor was not the road to equality. Separation, then building up our on nation is the way. The more I analyze Black from the Civil Rights area to now, the more upset I get at MLK.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn near over 400 years since slavery and the black man is still begging for the cac to :cape:

:rudy:

and 50 yrs since we were allowed a somewhat equal education. also, im willing to bet you work for a white man.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
i thought the issue was that the black facilities were shyt compared to what whites had

The shytty ones were the hand me downs and leftovers from Whites, but there were really nice Black facilities at the time. Especially after we started manufacturing our on shyt. There was and still are a lot of shytty White and Black facilities.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The more I analyze Black from the Civil Rights area to now, the more upset I get at MLK.

glad im not the only one. the push to integrate into white society basically turned into us abandoning our communities to spend money in their businesses. if black folks continued to build and maintain their own businesses instead of joining white communities, imagine the generational benefits their children and grandchildren could have taken part of.