Why are black movies not coming out like they were in the 90's?

boxfullofjoel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on your definition on " black" movie. You seem to be talking about the rush of " hood" movies from the 90's. I think we are actually seeing more diversity with movies catering to black audiences the last 5 years or so. Maybe black audiences have outgrown generic movies based in the ghetto.

For example:
Just wright
Jumping the broom
Takers
Precious
Red Tails
Think Like a Man

A

A Friend of The People

Studios smartened up

Black culture dumbed it down

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Depends on your definition on " black" movie. You seem to be talking about the rush of " hood" movies from the 90's. I think we are actually seeing more diversity with movies catering to black audiences the last 5 years or so. Maybe black audiences have outgrown generic movies based in the ghetto.

For example:
Just wright
Jumping the broom
Takers
Precious
Red Tails
Think Like a Man

If each movie you listed was a "hood" movie then this thread wouldn't get made every two weeks.

nikkas just wanna see :bustback: :dead:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Because nikkas arent going to watch anything but a shytty relationship comedy at this point.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that how yall really feel about tyler perrys shyt?

i mean what ive seen of those madeas and house of payne is :snoop:

but that shyt with stringer, daddys little girls was on tbs or somethin like a month ago seemed like a pretty good flick

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Are we there yet?, Soul Plane, Black Dynamite, Nutty Professor, and the Tyler Perry movies ... Some are ridiculous and go straight to DVD, kind of like a Steven Seagal movie, and others do so-so to okay at the box office.
You need black directors and black movie writers, not black actors, to push the out more black movies. There are plenty of good black actors and actresses.