Whose idea was it to put Rondo on a team with Lebron?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I been said this about that weak ass boi back in the green lantern point gaurd corps of the doc rivers Boston era.
so I still wonder why tha fukk he was ever a thing.
let alone ever on this roster.

this shyt was said when this thread was launched when the move was originally made. That again it makes no sense.
even if on paper the Lakers wanted to relive the failure that was Davis, boogie rondo. As why do you need rondo when LeBron is supposed to be the point guard in the first place. Plus you ruined bron's replacement in bonga at point. Or since bron does not play his natural. Let bonga rock at least in the bron absence at point. Not the three or some gooflame smallball four. this laker lineup shyt stoopid and looks like a white boi catholic parochial school lineup made by a priest.
plus and once again,...

more bait and switch bullshyt.
centered around bron shirk'n his natural position at point guard, for the sixteenth straight year.

art barr

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
the Lakers wanted to relive the failure that was Davis, boogie rondo.

that team was not a failure.

once they got enough time in together, they were beasting the rockets & warriors.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

once they got enough time in together, they were beasting the rockets & warriors.

that team were a plaything in the postseason.

They were behind over their head and playing up at the same.

it was only matter of time.
you watched a underdog lose in Philly to long.
you don't have that full recent dominance in every sport luster. You got a relief you won ship.
you ain't never seen no front running basketball ship tho.
To recognize.
when you seen it, or saw it.
or, were seeing it.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

it was only matter of time.
you watched a underdog lose in Philly nlong.
you don't have that full recent dominance in every sport luster. You got a relief you won ship.
you ain't never seen no front running basketball ship tho.
To recognize.
when you seen it or saw it or seeing it.

Art Barr

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Can't think of an NBA player I dislike more than zRondo.

Who's the poster that argued with me for like, 2 pages about Rondo being a max player?:heh:Mind you this was Rondo AFTER he left the Celtics when he was between Sacramento and Chicago:laff:
Made me realize every scrub can have stans:russ:

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I been said this about that weak ass boi back in the green lantern point gaurd corps of the doc rivers Boston era.
so I still wonder why tha fukk he was ever a thing.
let alone ever on this roster.

this shyt was said when this thread was launched when the move was originally made. That again it makes no sense.
even if on paper the Lakers wanted to relive the failure that was Davis, boogie rondo. As why do you need rondo when LeBron is supposed to be the point guard in the first place. Plus you ruined bron's replacement in bonga at point. Or since bron does not play his natural. Let bonga rock at least in the bron absence at point. Not the three or some gooflame smallball four. this laker lineup shyt stoopid and looks like a white boi catholic parochial school lineup made by a priest.
plus and once again,...

more bait and switch bullshyt.
centered around bron shirk'n his natural position at point guard, for the sixteenth straight year.

art barr

Wait, you're talking about the team that AFTER losing their starting center still swept the #3 Blazers before losing in 5 to the Warriors? The team that did that with Rondo as their 3rd best player because E'Twaun Moore and Nikola Mirotic were starting and Ian Clark, Darius Miller, and Solomon Hill as the entire bench?

There's a difference between people who think Rondo is washed, or not a good fit for this team, and people who are ignorant enough to hate on Rondo's entire career. Claiming that AD and Rondo were a failure together is some low-IQ shyt. I notice that the posters most obsessed with hating on Rondo's career are the same ones that constantly hate on high-IQ players and play like they're smarter than the best basketball minds on the court today.

PLAYOFF RONDO is back and is inspiring the Pelicans to new heights

Rajon Rondo’s fingerprints are all over the Pelicans’ improbable rise.

The Pelicans completed an impressive and unlikely series sweep of the Trail Blazers on Saturday, and Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday received most of the credit.

But you can’t forget about Rajon Rondo, the veteran floor general whose fingerprints were all over this surprisingly short four-game series from start to finish. Actually, you can argue Rondo’s presence has elevated his teammates’ games altogether

Rondo finished the Pelicans’ Game 4 win with seven points and 16 assists. It was the 125th 15-assist game of his career, and it wasn’t even his highest mark of the series. Rondo averaged 11 points and 13 assists over the four-game series, but Rondo’s impact goes beyond the numbers you read on the box score.

(best part is how regularly he draws an extra defender to himself, or makes the pass that gets a teammate open for an easy bucket, even though that low-IQ "analytics" article claimed that Rondo must not be getting guys good shots solely because he has a low scoring average.)

He makes the game easier for Jrue Holiday

Jrue Holiday didn’t pop a magic blue pill or drink from the heart-shaped herb this season. He’s the same rugged, two-way guard he’s always been. What’s been different for Holiday this season, though, has been the addition of Rondo, a floor general best suited with the ball in his hands. That frees Holiday up to be incredibly aggressive on both offense and defense without having the added worry of orchestrating an entire offense.

Holiday scored 41 freaking points against the Trail Blazers in Game 4 while leading the charge in holding Damian Lillard to just 19 points on 7-of-16 shooting.

Lillard never scored more than 20 points, nor did he shoot better than 44 percent in a single game this series. How could he with Holiday energized enough to keep attached to his hip all game?

Holiday said it best himself. He’s played against Rondo several times in his career. It’s no picnic.

“It’s good to be on his side,” Holiday said after Game 2. “Playoff Rondo, you know.”

Anthony Davis can say the same

AD scored 47 points in the Pelicans’ Game 4 victory. Rondo assisted on six of Davis’s 15 field goals on the night. In fact, Rondo assisted on 19 of The Brow’s 49 total field goals made in the first round. That’s because he puts the ball right where it’s supposed to be, which is often times just ahead of where the play is.

Look at this wizardry Rondo performed in Game 4 when he found Davis with an incredible behind-the-back after probing on the baseline. This is the kind of pass Steve Nash and Jason Kidd pulled off in their prime.

How about this picture-perfect pinpoint alley-oop pass to Davis, who then flushed it right on top of Zach Collins’s head?

This isn’t Playoff Rondo’s first rodeo

Sure, Rondo suffered a few dark year with Dallas and Sacramento, but don’t forget: Playoff Rondo is a real thing. After all, he was the maestro for the 2008 Boston Celtics team that went all the way and won a championship. And don’t forget the Bulls were working the top-seeded Celtics last year until Rondo fractured his thumb and had to sit the rest of the series.

Rondo averages 10.5 points, 8.5 assists and just under 4.8 rebounds per game during the regular season. In the playoffs, he averages 14.3 points, nine assists, six rebounds and two steals per game. The man is a champion, for crying out loud. He’s not here for fun.

Rajon Rondo, after being asked why he never discussed just trying to make playoffs when he signed w/#Pelicans: "I came here to win a championship. I didn’t come here to beat a team in the first round or the second round. My expectations were high coming in, knowing the talent."

6:49 AM - Apr 22, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

43 people are talking about this

Rondo has edge — you saw it in his mini-skirmish with Zach Collins. He’s selfless and he has championship pedigree. He’s trying to put it all together, and he’s off to an incredible start.

Playoff Rondo is a real-life thing, and the Pelicans sweep of the Trail Blazers is proof. New Orleans is moving on to the second round. They wouldn’t be here without him.

Last edited:
Daps
:picard:

@Rhakim has reached a new low - posting an entire article as he doesn't have enough material of his own to cover up the fact that not only has he not watched Rondo play over recent years, but he's operating on a revisionist version of him.

"This nikka Rondo got benched in an elimination game, in the 2018 playoffs, and never returned, 'cause the Warriors refused to guard him, due to his man playing free safety on the rest of his teammates (leaving Gentry to line an excuse to save face), yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about Rondo makes teams better....

giphy.gif

This nikka Rondo quit on his team in the '15 playoffs, forcing the Mavs to make up an injury cause they didn't want him back in the rotation, yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about how Rondo makes teams better...

This nikka Rondo was the main cause of why there was terminal friction in the Celtics locker room during the Big Three era, which ultimately led to Ray Allen wanting out, yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about how Rondo makes teams better....

giphy.gif

This nikka Rondo was taken out of the rotation for Michael Carter Williams and Jerian Grant in Chicago, ultimately leading to his release at the end of the season, yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about how Rondo makes teams better....

This nikka Rondo was a literal net-negative on a lottery team [Kings], and was incapable of putting them in a winning position when they didn't have anyone else with any "leadership", yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about how Rondo makes teams better....

giphy.gif

This nikka Rondo was traded by the Celtics 'cause they realized he wasn't shyt without Pierce/KG/Allen, when they tried to make him the face of the franchise, yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about how Rondo makes teams better....

1cWs.gif

This nikka Rondo has been on five different teams in the last 5-6 seasons, handicapped every single offense he's led, assumed the role of a background dancer when his star teammates carried the majority of the offensive load, and been at odds with nearly every single coach and star player he's played alongside, yet this muh'fukka is in here talking about how Rondo makes teams better...."

The problem with you @Rhakim is, you can't seem to separate players with high BBIQ who're impactful players, and players with high BBIQ who aren't impactful players; all because, once again, you're not actually watching the games, all you do is shape a narrative from what you see in the box score, your distant, distorted memories of how they played, then you lather with basketball platitudes, and then you frame it in a manner where it looks like you know what you're talking about.

The only person you're fooling is yourself.

:lolbron:

p.s. "Rondo was the only player last year to have a negative plus/minus with Bron on the floor". bu-bu-but Rondo's on/off court numbers are like LeBron on the Cavs numbers.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
My stalker Gil-Scott Heron who I've had on ignore for two years is now negging me with links he's asking me to read in a desperate attempt to get my validation and approval. As if I'm gonna read shyt he sends me.

Gil, I already explained to you why this obsession with me is evidence of mental illness. I have you on ignore because I don't give a shyt about your positions on literally anything. I don't give a shyt about the 30 times you've negged me since I put you on ignore because my rep and validation on this site are fine and you can't damage those in any way that's meaningful to anyone. For your OWN mental health, you need to seriously consider why you so desperately, desperately wish for me to agree with and affirm your opinions on basketball. I don't like seeing a black man who could be spending his time and energy wasting his life on this instead.

I can't even take you off ignore because the site's OWNERS have permanently placed us on each other's ignore list because they were concerned with your behavior. Which you keep circumventing with your alias so you can still read my comments and use to send negs. If that ain't an example of depraved message board behavior I can't imagine what is.

It ain't fukking healthy at all and I'm not joking when I say that any fukking mental health professional you described your behavior to would advice you to stop. Please, tell someone and see what they have to say. Get. Some. Help.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Wait, you're talking about the team that AFTER losing their starting center still swept the #3 Blazers before losing in 5 to the Warriors? The team that did that with Rondo as their 3rd best player because E'Twaun Moore and Nikola Mirotic were starting and Ian Clark, Darius Miller, and Solomon Hill as the entire bench?

There's a difference between people who think Rondo is washed, or not a good fit for this team, and people who are ignorant enough to hate on Rondo's entire career. Claiming that AD and Rondo were a failure together is some low-IQ shyt. I notice that the posters most obsessed with hating on Rondo's career are the same ones that constantly hate on high-IQ players and play like they're smarter than the best basketball minds on the court today.

Rajon Rondo’s fingerprints are all over the Pelicans’ improbable rise.

The Pelicans completed an impressive and unlikely series sweep of the Trail Blazers on Saturday, and Anthony Davis and Jrue Holiday received most of the credit.

But you can’t forget about Rajon Rondo, the veteran floor general whose fingerprints were all over this surprisingly short four-game series from start to finish. Actually, you can argue Rondo’s presence has elevated his teammates’ games altogether

Rondo finished the Pelicans’ Game 4 win with seven points and 16 assists. It was the 125th 15-assist game of his career, and it wasn’t even his highest mark of the series. Rondo averaged 11 points and 13 assists over the four-game series, but Rondo’s impact goes beyond the numbers you read on the box score.

(best part is how regularly he draws an extra defender to himself, or makes the pass that gets a teammate open for an easy bucket, even though that low-IQ "analytics" article claimed that Rondo must not be getting guys good shots solely because he has a low scoring average.)

He makes the game easier for Jrue Holiday

Jrue Holiday didn’t pop a magic blue pill or drink from the heart-shaped herb this season. He’s the same rugged, two-way guard he’s always been. What’s been different for Holiday this season, though, has been the addition of Rondo, a floor general best suited with the ball in his hands. That frees Holiday up to be incredibly aggressive on both offense and defense without having the added worry of orchestrating an entire offense.

Holiday scored 41 freaking points against the Trail Blazers in Game 4 while leading the charge in holding Damian Lillard to just 19 points on 7-of-16 shooting.

Lillard never scored more than 20 points, nor did he shoot better than 44 percent in a single game this series. How could he with Holiday energized enough to keep attached to his hip all game?

Holiday said it best himself. He’s played against Rondo several times in his career. It’s no picnic.

“It’s good to be on his side,” Holiday said after Game 2. “Playoff Rondo, you know.”

Anthony Davis can say the same

AD scored 47 points in the Pelicans’ Game 4 victory. Rondo assisted on six of Davis’s 15 field goals on the night. In fact, Rondo assisted on 19 of The Brow’s 49 total field goals made in the first round. That’s because he puts the ball right where it’s supposed to be, which is often times just ahead of where the play is.

Look at this wizardry Rondo performed in Game 4 when he found Davis with an incredible behind-the-back after probing on the baseline. This is the kind of pass Steve Nash and Jason Kidd pulled off in their prime.

How about this picture-perfect pinpoint alley-oop pass to Davis, who then flushed it right on top of Zach Collins’s head?

This isn’t Playoff Rondo’s first rodeo

Sure, Rondo suffered a few dark year with Dallas and Sacramento, but don’t forget: Playoff Rondo is a real thing. After all, he was the maestro for the 2008 Boston Celtics team that went all the way and won a championship. And don’t forget the Bulls were working the top-seeded Celtics last year until Rondo fractured his thumb and had to sit the rest of the series.

Rondo averages 10.5 points, 8.5 assists and just under 4.8 rebounds per game during the regular season. In the playoffs, he averages 14.3 points, nine assists, six rebounds and two steals per game. The man is a champion, for crying out loud. He’s not here for fun.

Rajon Rondo, after being asked why he never discussed just trying to make playoffs when he signed w/#Pelicans: "I came here to win a championship. I didn’t come here to beat a team in the first round or the second round. My expectations were high coming in, knowing the talent."

6:49 AM - Apr 22, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

43 people are talking about this

Rondo has edge — you saw it in his mini-skirmish with Zach Collins. He’s selfless and he has championship pedigree. He’s trying to put it all together, and he’s off to an incredible start.

Playoff Rondo is a real-life thing, and the Pelicans sweep of the Trail Blazers is proof. New Orleans is moving on to the second round. They wouldn’t be here without him.

Playoff rondo.
is a Boston seaboard pr based parochial versus public school sensational trumped up sports dialogue made for print. To cover up rondo making a coup of the championship Celts. Which lost while rondo was performing this coup. Plus deflection was made to draw away from the coup.
in favor of a fake narrative of rondo being a leader. When rondo never contributed for real to the ship the celts won. Plus created a coup. They created social dysfunction in the original big three. That ostracized the highest pedigreed skill player and shooter in the collective.
which caused the big three to be never no more.

stop it.

playoff rondo was getting treated and was inferior to derrick rose.
only reason you able to even post this bullshyt and try to rep it.
is Boston is predisposed because of midatlantic port city pr roots having press dominance.

Stop it.

nobody is fooled by this Boston sports rag rooted bullshyt for rondo.
if you fooled by rondo.
no wonder you got a badge.
ol slammy award bullshyt based off trying to get shine like me.

y'all nikkaz a joke.
try again,...
and fail.

art barr

art barr

REY REY SHUTTLESWORTH : They forget the real narrative, of the big three.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
According to LeBron stans

If it works out it was LeBrons idea.

If it doesn't it was Magic's idea.

According to Magic, it was all his idea and EVERY decision up until the day he left

Magic’s actual words from his mouth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fake stuff from anonymous so called coli Bron stans (since no one ever wants to call a name out) who have no affiliation with the Lakers

giphy.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Playoff rondo.
is a Boston seaboard pr based parochial versus public school sensational trumped up sports dialogue made for print.
2008: Starts all 26 playoff games as just a 2nd-year player and outplays the vet Fisher in the Finals in helping Boston pick up a ring

2009: After Garnett goes down Rondo averages 19-9-12 and 3 steals a game while holding D-Rose to 19-6-6 and helping the Celtics overcome the Bulls in the 1st round.

2010: Averages 21-6-12 on 54% shooting and is unstoppable at times in leading Boston over the favored Cavs in the ECSF despite subpar series from PP and Ray.

2011: Having averaged 18-7-11 through the first 6 playoff games, horribly dislocates his elbow halfway through the 3rd quarter and yet comes back to start the 4th quarter playing with just one arm. Averages 35 minutes/game through the last three games of the series despite basically only being able to use one arm.

rondo_elbow_heat400250.jpg

2012: Averages 21-9-11 on 49% shooting in nearly leading the Celtics over the Heat. Only the GOAT Game 6 by LeBron saves the Cavs despite terrible series from PP and Ray once again.

2013-2016: The lost years playing on bad teams. Only playoff appearance was for a limited Mavs team where he got hurt in the 2nd game.

2017: Averages 12-9-11 and 4 steals a game in helping lead the Bulls to back-to-back road upsets of the favored Celtics. When he is hurt and can't play in game 3, the Bulls immediately lose four straight blowouts, three of them at home.

2018: Averages 11-8-13 on 53% shooting to help lead the 6-seed Pelicans to a surprise upset sweep of the 3-seed Blazers. Also had 21 assists in an impressive blowout win over the Warriors in the 2nd round despite only playing with 3 other legit NBA players.

For his career, only averages 10-5-8 in the regular season but that jumps up to 14-6-9 in the playoffs (would be over 15-7-10 if not for his first postseason). In fact, his scoring numbers have gone up in the postseason in EVERY SINGLE POSTSEASON OF HIS CAREER. How many players who ever played can say that their scoring output jumped like that in the playoffs?

Playoff Rondo exists. The players all agree whether they're his teammates or his opponents. The sportswriters agree. The organizations that bring him on to be the point on good teams agree. You really think LeBron and AD don't know 10x more about what Rondo contributes that people whose only connection to basketball is posting drivel on an online forum?

Every single Rondo hater I've ever seen on here has the same M.O. They stan speedster point guards with low bball IQ and downplay high IQ ballers like CP3 and LeBron and Rondo. Every. Single. Hater. They can't deny what the players, the writers, or the stats say so they make up crazy narratives about media bias and "messing up the flow" in Boston (even though vets keep begging to bring Rondo onto their team). It's got to be some sort of measure of insecurity that brings out that particular level of hate where you need to make up so many stupid narratives to support it.

Rondo is one of the smartest point guards in the NBA and he always brings it in the postseason. Deal with it. :heh:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
My stalker Gil-Scott Heron who I've had on ignore for two years is now negging me with links he's asking me to read in a desperate attempt to get my validation and approval. As if I'm gonna read shyt he sends me.

Gil, I already explained to you why this obsession with me is evidence of mental illness. I have you on ignore because I don't give a shyt about your positions on literally anything. I don't give a shyt about the 30 times you've negged me since I put you on ignore because my rep and validation on this site are fine and you can't damage those in any way that's meaningful to anyone. For your OWN mental health, you need to seriously consider why you so desperately, desperately wish for me to agree with and affirm your opinions on basketball. I don't like seeing a black man who could be spending his time and energy wasting his life on this instead.

I can't even take you off ignore because the site's OWNERS have permanently placed us on each other's ignore list because they were concerned with your behavior. Which you keep circumventing with your alias so you can still read my comments and use to send negs. If that ain't an example of depraved message board behavior I can't imagine what is.

It ain't fukking healthy at all and I'm not joking when I say that any fukking mental health professional you described your behavior to would advice you to stop. Please, tell someone and see what they have to say. Get. Some. Help.

I see what you mean about the obsession or issues.

He came for me and I have nothing to do with nothing.

I will pray for him