Who's The GOAT Failed Gaming Mascot Of The 90's?

rabbitfood

Ancillary Character
Daps
So what exactly is the criteria for failure here? You've got people bringing up characters who have multiple sequels on multiple consoles. And you've also got people bringing up characters that are releasing games to this day. Bubsy is a clown but he still has games coming out. Rayman and Crash Bandicoot? Man what?

Johnny Bazookatone, High Seas Havoc, or Mohawk & Headphone Jack are better came and went candidates. At least with Cheesy, that man tried to leave a mark with his one game. Did a little of everything and wasn't good at any of it but he tried. Outside of the streets, the world wasn't ready for him.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Easily

220px-Earthworm_Jim_%28EUR%29.PNG

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Most of these examples aren't "failed mascots" there just failures. To be a failed mascot you have to have been a mascot in the first place, A better example is the apes from Ape Escape, or that Sony cat that i'm not googling cause idgaf.

Ya'll gonna be mad but it's Sonic, and to a lesser extent Virtua Fighter. Consider what happened to Sega and how popular the alternatives were. Mario>Sonic and Tekken>Virtua Fighter.

I came in here ready to name Ape Escape but I feel like it didn’t fail considering all the sequels and representation it’s had in various Sony games throughout the years

parallax

Superstar
Daps
So what exactly is the criteria for failure here? You've got people bringing up characters who have multiple sequels on multiple consoles. And you've also got people bringing up characters that are releasing games to this day. Bubsy is a clown but he still has games coming out. Rayman and Crash Bandicoot? Man what?

Johnny Bazookatone, High Seas Havoc, or Mohawk & Headphone Jack are better came and went candidates. At least with Cheesy, that man tried to leave a mark with his one game. Did a little of everything and wasn't good at any of it but he tried. Outside of the streets, the world wasn't ready for him.

when was johnny bazookatone considered a mascot?

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Most of these examples aren't "failed mascots" there just failures. To be a failed mascot you have to have been a mascot in the first place, A better example is the apes from Ape Escape, or that Sony cat that i'm not googling cause idgaf.

Ya'll gonna be mad but it's Sonic, and to a lesser extent Virtua Fighter. Consider what happened to Sega and how popular the alternatives were. Mario>Sonic and Tekken>Virtua Fighter.
thread clearly says "of the 90s" and sonic did not fail in the 90s