Who's parents are the most Strict, AA's, African, or Caribbean.

Which one is the most strict.

• AA's

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Africans

Votes: 71 84.5%
  • Caribbean's

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I came from Jamaican parents, but Africans had it the worst. They be on the mental trauma tip that forces them to be on some high level STEM major, while losing their humanity and personality at the same time.

My parents were strict on how I behave, what language I used, what time I came home, and what grades I got. I gotten beaten by my pops, but I still held my own and I do thank them for instill humility towards me and actually taught me what consequences could happen if I slacked off too much.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some african parents are a little too strict imo, to the point that some of the children lack development in other areas in their life outside of school

I myself was a late bloomer once I left high school. I had to play catch up And I haven't looked back :lawd:

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think.ole time Caribbean parents were strict. Not these new dancehall parents. Ole time Caribbean parents lived under white colonialism, racism, classism, and poverty. They struggled to get out of poverty and in order to get out they knew education would be the key and push their children to get an education. The level of motivation was mostly negative which included physical abuse in the form of ass whoopings which was derived from the brutal punishments Caribbean slaves endured which were far more brutal and unique than to any other slave system
But that's all old time blacks, at least in the west. I think it depends on where you lived as far as in America. If your parents were form the south, you got a whipping,had to go to church, and not be in grown folks business, etc. I got a whipping everyday until i was 16! All it did was make me become more slick in doing my dirt, and have fear of my mother. What's funny is my sister, and my cousin who did go to college, and graduated, didn't go through what I went through, so that asswhipping shyt don't work, unless the child is weak, to me. When she took away my dj equipment, that's when she saw how to get me, because I was so nice after that!

If your parents were from the innercity, it was till about respecting your elders, but hanging out was more tolerated, and that is where a lot of the problems came from. I think the reason why is back then there wasn't anything to do. There were only a couple of channels, and even then there weren't that many tvs in the house, so parents let the kids outside. The issue is int he inner city you had crime all over the place, while in small towns, it wasn't like that, so the outcomes were different.

I think people who try to compare Africans, caribbeans, and AA, are people from small areas, or rural areas, and tend to immigrate to big cities, and think that's how it is for most AA. I had both sides, so I know its the same shyt. I bet if you ask someone from the heart of Kingston, their answers would be just like mine!

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might as well call this the child abuse thread :mjcry:
I realize as I got older, that's really what it was. i still love my mother, but I was just a strong willed child, and if what you say don't make sense, i'm not going to agree. You don't do that with a mother from the small town south!:ohhh:

But, i was the son of a Brooklyn nikka, MA. I could take the beatings:ufdup:

broller

Veteran
Daps
Fresh off the boat Asians or Asians in their native country gotta be mentioned. Standards are crazy high and they take respect and discipline VERY seriously.

Asians who have been americanized for a few generations are way different and more relaxed though

I remember watching some video here of some unmarried Chinese women. One of the girl's moms straight up said her daughter was not attractive and that's why she's not married :francis:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I realize as I got older, that's really what it was. i still love my mother, but I was just a strong willed child, and if what you say don't make sense, i'm not going to agree. You don't do that with a mother from the small town south!:ohhh:

But, i was the son of a Brooklyn nikka, MA. I could take the beatings:ufdup:

Whatever helps you sleep at night breh :mjcry:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
African parents hands down

Most expect their seeds to become doctors as soon as they are born.

:russ:

Some african parents are a little too strict imo, to the point that some of the children lack development in other areas in their life outside of school

I myself was a late bloomer once I left high school. I had to play catch up And I haven't looked back :lawd:

This also is true. I'd put myself in this category to be honest.

Thing is with me, my pops didn't even have to be strict, and tbh he wasn't. I just saw how he treated my older brother, hardly ever got physical but the words :picard:

I saw that and was lemme just do well at school and be quiet at home, I want peace :whoa:

Pops only had to look at me without even saying a word for any message to be cristal clear :hubie:

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
I think the more connected you are to the motherland, the more strict your parents are.

The consensus is basically African > Carribean > AA

and that makes consistent sense.

AAs are too removed from their "africancess" due to subsuming cac American culture and living in a colonial state.

Carribeans retain a lot of African culture due to a population that is majority african-desecended and the overall culture is not constructed by cacs.